cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HSBC or Capital One?

tag
MrMop

HSBC or Capital One?

I've had a savings account with HSBC Direct for some time.  Recently they sent me an email to apply for their Cash or Fly MasterCard.  I did, remembering the times I spent as a Household Bank customer longing for a 'prime' card.  Plus I wanted a prime MC to replace the former Household/now Cap1 card.  I applied, was told to provide more information to HSBC Lending Service, and was approved....for $750CL.  The next day my EQ report had an inquiry, from Cap1.  NOTHING on the application, on the website, or in the paperwork with the card says anything about Cap1.  My new card and everything else says 'issued by HSBC Bank USA, N.A.'  I thought it was just a weird fluke, but when I called to activate my card, I got routed to a live person, who, as she was hanging up, said 'thank you for calling Capital One HSBC card services'.  **bleep**?!

My Household Bank card was issued by HSBC Bank Nevada, N.A.  I thought that was the only entity sold to Cap1.  I already have 3 cards from them, no way do I want a 4th!  Anyone else experience this, or know what is going on?

CapOne1250 SmartConnect1800 Macys5000 CapOne2700 AmExZync500PSL MarathonGas790 VonMaur500 Target400 CapOne1250 BCU1000 CareCredit2500(possibly closed due to non-use) HSBC750 Barclaycard500 AmExHilton15000(AU) MileagePlus5000
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
chnceit
Valued Contributor

Re: HSBC or Capital One?

Edit to correct: Majority of all HSBC USA accounts were sold to Cap One  including Household Bank and Orchard Bank. 

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 2 of 3
Ron1
Super Contributor

Re: HSBC or Capital One?

Not all of them. Most of them.

Ron.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.