cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HSBC other card approvals if already have a card....

tag
reereetx
Contributor

HSBC other card approvals if already have a card....

I have an HSBC (now Orchard) card that is in good standing, no lates.  Only thing is my util is high....any chance of getting approved with an EQ 629 for the Reward Zone card through them?  A while back I apped for a card and was denied and I got some sort of a message about being a current cardholder.  Could that of been if it was for the same "type" of card?  What cards might be good to app for with an EQ 629 in Texas?
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: HSBC other card approvals if already have a card....

I wad denied for Best Buy Mastercard and HSBC card in one day and approved for Sears Mastercard through HSBC in the same day.  Now 3 months later I was pre-approved for Best Buy Gold Mastercard, so I applied and was declined again because of past HSBC card that was in bad standing (was in my bk 3 years ago)

You for sure can get multiple cards, but what they decide to actually approve I don't get and there is no recon. a declined app.

but if you have just the plain HSBC card that seems to be the hardest out of the 3 to get, so if you just want another $300 limit then I would go ahead and apply for either Sears or Best Buy 

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: HSBC other card approvals if already have a card....

@reereetx wrote:
I have an HSBC (now Orchard) card that is in good standing, no lates.  Only thing is my util is high....any chance of getting approved with an EQ 629 for the Reward Zone card through them?  A while back I apped for a card and was denied and I got some sort of a message about being a current cardholder.  Could that of been if it was for the same "type" of card?  What cards might be good to app for with an EQ 629 in Texas?

reereetx:

When I apped for the reward zone card I also have another MC with them. I have only had it two months. When I apped for the best buy card my other HSBC had a balance of $29x out of a $320 credit limit. SO yes I was almost maxed out on my other household card and was still approved for the best buy MC. Keep on mind there are other factors and YMMV but I had no problem with it. And my EQ was a 635 at the time and I am in Oklahoma so scenario is eerily similar except mines not an Orchard card and I am not sure what your credit util is but it cant get much higher than mine percentage wise. I put everything on the card and pay it twice a month trying to establish a good history with them I have already made 4 payments and so far it appears to be working. Now hopefully at the 6 month mark I can get a generous credit limit increase from them.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.