Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HSBC registration of card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

HSBC registration of card

Anyone had a problem setting up online access? They want a PIN and when I call I can’t even get account info without a pin and said they’ll mail me a temporary pin. What a pain.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

Re: HSBC registration of card

Yes, it's much easier to have a PIN to open an HSBC online account. I tried to open account  as soon as I received the Cash Rewards card and did get it done, but at least 20 minutes on the phone. They actually do automatically mail you a PIN for the CC, it came in the mail a week or so after the card. And just wait until you do get an account, their web site is a convoluted mess.

Message 2 of 6
mattmyFIC0
Established Contributor

@DaveInAZ wrote:

Yes, it's much easier to have a PIN to open an HSBC online account. I tried to open account  as soon as I received the Cash Rewards card and did get it done, but at least 20 minutes on the phone. They actually do automatically mail you a PIN for the CC, it came in the mail a week or so after the card. And just wait until you do get an account, their web site is a convoluted mess.

Agreed. Just wait for the PIN in the mail. Mine took about a week after the card. 

Their site is a total pain. I didn’t even realize I had received my sign up bonus because you go to a different site to see your points

Scores 01/04/2017: EQ 719, TU 750, EX 716
Goal scores: 740 across the board
Message 3 of 6
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@mattmyFIC0 wrote:

Agreed. Just wait for the PIN in the mail. Mine took about a week after the card. 

Their site is a total pain. I didn’t even realize I had received my sign up bonus because you go to a different site to see your points

You got your sign up bonus already??? I hit the $500 spend in early December and kept checking and didn't see the bonus credited. Then I checked the offer details, it says the bonus will be credited after the promo period, the 3 months to make the $500 spend. Just checked, still no bonus credited.

And FYI it looks like it's going to be a pain to dispute a transaction. I've tried to dispute a transaction twice through that different website, Dispute online looked successful, but then I got an email each time:

Returned mail: see transcript for details 

The following addresses had permanent fatal errors ----- <credit-card-inquiries@us.hsbc.com>

(reason: 550 Denied by policy)

It's just a $7.xx charge from UPS so I'm not going to take the time to call in & dispute. I shipped a package via UPS in mid December and then got an email after delivery about an "adjustment" to the shipping charge, with no details of why or how much. Just ticks me off that UPS feels that they can just charge whatever they want, regardless of what their website said the shipping cost would be.

Message 4 of 6
mattmyFIC0
Established Contributor

@DaveInAZ wrote:

@mattmyFIC0 wrote:

You got your sign up bonus already??? I hit the $500 spend in early December and kept checking and didn't see the bonus credited. Then I checked the offer details, it says the bonus will be credited after the promo period, the 3 months to make the $500 spend. Just checked, still no bonus credited.

And FYI it looks like it's going to be a pain to dispute a transaction. I've tried to dispute a transaction twice through that different website, Dispute online looked successful, but then I got an email each time:

Returned mail: see transcript for details 

The following addresses had permanent fatal errors ----- <credit-card-inquiries@us.hsbc.com>

(reason: 550 Denied by policy)

It's just a $7.xx charge from UPS so I'm not going to take the time to call in & dispute. I shipped a package via UPS in mid December and then got an email after delivery about an "adjustment" to the shipping charge, with no details of why or how much. Just ticks me off that UPS feels that they can just charge whatever they want, regardless of what their website said the shipping cost would be.

Yea I got bonus pretty quickly but didn’t realize it because you have to review your reward points to see it

Scores 01/04/2017: EQ 719, TU 750, EX 716
Goal scores: 740 across the board
Message 5 of 6
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@mattmyFIC0 wrote:

Yea I got bonus pretty quickly but didn’t realize it because you have to review your reward points to see it

O sheesh! Thanks so much, yeah, my $150 spend bonus was in my rewards, I was expecting to see it as a statement credit. With the 2% rewards already earned I took a $164 statement credit, altho it took awhile to figure out how to do it. Thanks again. 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.