Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HSBC reporting?

tag
Iincognito
Regular Contributor

Re: HSBC reporting?

RE: danlaxx1 "How do you know when they reported and why is it important?"

The update was important for me because Orchard was reporting a balance of $1898 on a credit limit of $2000 as of 02/2010. After the update, my current balance of $78 is being report which brings my overall utilization down to 2%.

Message 11 of 17
homerunstacy
Regular Contributor

I wonder why they skip.  Error or do you think it saves them money?

*Bought 1st Home on 7/11/07 thanks to myFICO Forums*

4/2013 - FICO: 685
Payment History: Great
Amt of Debt: Not Good
Length: Good
Amt of New Credit: Good

Goal for 2013: Pay down debt! Cross fingers housing market turns around so I can move further south!

Message 12 of 17
Macroman
Regular Contributor

I've seen a few cards lag a month or three, particularly when the balance is completely paid off. Generates more business for Myfico but I think it's just laziness on the part of the CCC.

Message 13 of 17
dh33

fico reporting date is btwn 10th-15th and the use the last day of the month balance.

Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Looks like HSBC hard inq-ed me on 5-14.  Anyone know why they would do this?  ARGH!  Can I get it removed?

Message 15 of 17
BobbyJ
Frequent Contributor

My balance was updated after a 2 month delay by simply doing an online dispute with the CRAs and stating that they verfiy balance and account info.  It was updated 2 days after I filed the dispute online..... It worked very well!!!!

Fico 8 Scores: EX: 787 (6/25/21) EQ: 788 (6/12/21) TU: 750 (2/21/21)
Fico 9 Scores: EX: 799 (11/9/20) EQ: 794 (10/13/20)

Ch7 BK Filed on 10/13/2013 - Discharged 1/14/14

Amex Blue Cash Preferred $15K | Amex Gold Card | Citi Costco Visa $7700 | USBank Altitude Go Visa Sig $10K | USBank Cash+ Visa $8K | C1 Savor MC Elite $15K | C1 Venture One $10K | C1 Quicksilver Visa Sig $10K | C1 Quicksilver WMC $10K | Penfed Plat Rewards Visa $9,500 | Penfed Power Cash Rewards Visa $11K | Discover IT $7500 | USAA Pref Rewards Visa $5K | Penfed Path Visa $10K | Logix FCU Plat MC $12K | SDCCU Plat Visa $2,500 | Best Buy Visa $2K | Chase Amazon Prime Visa Sig $500 | Consumers CU Visa Cash Rebate $5K | PNC Points Visa $2500 | JCPenney $1,800 | Abound CU Plat Visa $5K | Lowes $7K | HSN Card $3K | Walmart MasterCard $2K | Walmart Store Card $2K | Kohls $1K | Target Red Card $800 | QVC Card $800
Message 16 of 17
Cleanmachine
Frequent Contributor

Just checked my credit report and HSBC has updated my account to April, 2010.

I suspect they do lag behind a month.

Same thing with my American Express Card. They have been updating around the first of the month

and I have a closing date on the 24 of the month. My account has updated in May already.

My problem with HSBC is getting them to provide me with a true closing date. I sent a secure message

and was told to contact a CSR which I did. Was informed closing date would be the 17th of May. Tried

to check out my balance on the 18th and nothing was updated, called CSR and again was told my closing

date was the 17th. Received an e-mail on Saturday from HSBC that my statement was available on line.

Checked out my account and my closing date was the 18th.  Seems one can't win. 

Not too concerned, just curious as to what their problems may be with providing correct information.

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.