Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HSBC reports when?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

HSBC reports when?

i just got a HSBC card and I was wondering what all I should know about this card!  I asked when it reports to the credit bureaus and I was told the last business day of the month.  Is this correct in your experience? 

I'm throwing my best friend a baby shower and I have charged the deposit and cake on this card and wlll be paid back from some of the hostesses, but I want to be sure that I'm PIF before the reporting.  Thanks!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
wndrwmn78
Frequent Contributor

Re: HSBC reports when?

I have 4 Smiley Sad HSBC cards: an Orchard Bank MC, a Household Bank Visa, a Best Buy Reward Zone MC, and a Best Buy store card. The first 3 all report on the last business day of the month, and the store card reports on the statement date.

I hope that helps! Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 670 EQ and 674 TU
Current Score: 670 EQ and 674 TU
Goal Score: 750 both EQ and TU

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

yep!  Thanks that helps!  My statement is on the 9th, so I guess I'm gonna have to really be careful and make sure I pay by the end of the month.  Does it take payments long to post?

Message 3 of 5
wndrwmn78
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

yep!  Thanks that helps!  My statement is on the 9th, so I guess I'm gonna have to really be careful and make sure I pay by the end of the month.  Does it take payments long to post?

It used to be that HSBC would take 2 business days to post your online payment, unless you wanted to pay about $15 for a rush payment fee. Smiley Mad But now they post your payment the same day as long as you pay by 8:00pm (I think) online. When I first saw this I thought, "Wow, they're actually listening to their customers' complaints!" And then I realized it was only because of the new credit card laws in effect. Smiley Wink

Starting Score: 670 EQ and 674 TU
Current Score: 670 EQ and 674 TU
Goal Score: 750 both EQ and TU

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 5
JoeBJay20
Established Contributor

@wndrwmn78 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

It used to be that HSBC would take 2 business days to post your online payment, unless you wanted to pay about $15 for a rush payment fee. Smiley Mad But now they post your payment the same day as long as you pay by 8:00pm (I think) online. When I first saw this I thought, "Wow, they're actually listening to their customers' complaints!" And then I realized it was only because of the new credit card laws in effect. Smiley Wink

LOL exactly.  They actually had the gall to send out an email proclaiming that they were making changes based on customer requests.  I almost spit up over my computer when I read the email.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.