Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HSBC to Cap One Question

tag
Mvpbowler
Contributor

HSBC to Cap One Question

So I went on Cap One FB and posted a message and a guy called me last night to talk about my questions. He couldn't really answer me to many questions about the HSBC card that is now with Cap One as they don't have all the information and such. He did mention though that they may tell me they might close the account being that I already have 2 other Cap One cards.

My question is this - In past history when something like this happens, do I lose the longevity of that card? I have had it going on 7 years now and is by far my oldest card. I don't really want to lose that if I can avoid it! That would kill my AAoA I am thinking as the other cards are only 2.5 - 3 years old. Any thoughts?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
wHiTeSoL
Valued Contributor

Re: HSBC to Cap One Question

I dont think they will close it. I have 2 cap 1 cards and recently had my OB go to Cap1. No issues, and they converted it to a cap 1 plat card. If anything they will just convert you to an existing product in thier line.

Message 2 of 6
Mvpbowler
Contributor

Thanks WhiteSol... The guy last night said within the next few months they should have some more information and I might be eligible for a few things. So we shall see.

Message 3 of 6
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

To answer you Aaoa concerns, even if it's closed it'll still be on your crs for 10 yrs and won't hurt ur Aaoa until it falls off ur cr...but I don't think they will close your account Smiley Wink

GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 4 of 6
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

Two things.

One, that would be very CUSTOMER FRIENDLY of them to close the oldest card instead of one of the newer ones.  Which means that it just might happen. 

Two, it never amazes me that nobody really ever knows what's going on with Capone, let alone their employees.  I think this speaks volumes for them!

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 5 of 6
Anf_dude
Contributor

I Had Two Cap Ones Then Got A 3rd Imported From The HSBC Jumbo.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.