Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HSBC to Capital One

tag
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: HSBC to Capital One

@Viper786 wrote:
Is orchard bank also a soft pull for cli requests?

It should be, I would ask before they process it.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 31 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks. I probably shouldn't post about it but since I have given my notice I doubt it makes a difference. Smiley Wink

Message 32 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ChesterPDexter wrote:

I think I have one of the hurtin'-loser cards that says "HSBC" on it but is really a whitewashed "Direct Merchants Bank" card and is serviced through "accountcentralonline" and may just stay the same.  (The garbage HSBC could not pay anyone to take away, in other words.)  I did get an email that read, in part:

"This weekend, March 10th - 11th, the AccountCentral website will be temporarily unavailable for planned maintenance. After the planned maintenance all users will be required to create a more secure password to gain access to their account online."

To the person who works for HSBC, if he/she is still reading:  Are these cards really HSBC cards or not?  No one will give me a straight answer (that I can understand.)  Are they staying with HSBC, and not becoming Capital One cards?

It's an HSBC card as HSBC bought out Direct Merchants Bank years ago. So while you may have applied for the card when it was DMB it is now purely an HSBC card. HSBC Card Services division has been purchased by capital one so it will make the transition with all the other HSBC branded cards.

Message 33 of 46
ChesterPDexter
Established Contributor

Thanks, I appreciate the answer!  It was HSBC when I applied, but I've noticed that sometimes on credit reports it is labeled "Direct Merchants" and I had to look that up since I was confused and had not heard of that product.

I still wonder why I have to sign on at a different website (account central) that it seems most other people do, but I won't worry about it, I guess.  I do wonder if the "site maintenance" they are working on this weekend (the site is unavailable) will result in a switch to Capital One after they pull the curtain back.  I guess I'll see on Monday.

Valued Contributor

@ChesterPDexter wrote:

Thanks, I appreciate the answer!  It was HSBC when I applied, but I've noticed that sometimes on credit reports it is labeled "Direct Merchants" and I had to look that up since I was confused and had not heard of that product.

I still wonder why I have to sign on at a different website (account central) that it seems most other people do, but I won't worry about it, I guess.  I do wonder if the "site maintenance" they are working on this weekend (the site is unavailable) will result in a switch to Capital One after they pull the curtain back.  I guess I'll see on Monday.

I hope I come out good on this account!!
Message 35 of 46
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

@Viper786 wrote:

My orchard card was given a $100 CLI and it was a SP.  This was about 2-3 weeks ago.

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 36 of 46
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Repo-ed wrote:

@Viper786 wrote:

My orchard card was given a $100 CLI and it was a SP.  This was about 2-3 weeks ago.

Thats great! Congrats!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 37 of 46
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

Thats great! Congrats!

Ty!

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 38 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just as an FYI, HSBC gave me a soft pull CLI last night (only a $100, but eh, it's better than nothing), so it might be worth checking out for those interested, especially before the transition is complete.

Cheers!

Message 39 of 46
RyVision
Valued Contributor

I plan on trying the BB store card Luv button again this month after my statement cuts.  I think that should be 6+ months since the last CLI (of 100$) on that card.  I tried it in January and was declined due to it not being enough time since the last CLI.   That or I might ask about it in store being I'll be looking at options on the possibility of buying a large appliance.  Not sure which is the better option (I got the card in store during a purchase in 2010). 

I reallllllly don't want to try for any CLI's on the BB store card after Cap 1 takes it over.

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 40 of 46
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.