Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HSBC with $5.00 limit?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

HSBC with $5.00 limit?

I believe that I disputed this years ago that a HSBC credit card was on my CR that I never had.  At the time it said it was open, now it says: 

HSBC Bank
Acct Type: Credit Card - Revolving Terms
Acct Status: Closed
Date Open: 11/1/1999
Terms: Revolving
High Balance: (blank)
Limit: $5.00
Payment Status: Paid satisfactorily
Comments: Credit line closed-grantor request

I read an article about closing credit cards the right way and it says that you want it to show that YOU closed it, not the creditor.  Is this worth disputing?  Could it hurt at all to have a grantor closed account?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: HSBC with $5.00 limit?

I would leave as is. If anything, this account could be helping your average history. Under a manual review, closed by credit grantor could hurt. However, it does say that it was paid. Also, you'd be given a chance to talk about it since the $5 CL would certainly trigger something in a lender's eyes.
Message 2 of 4
coachhenson
Regular Contributor

I just read an article interviewing an upper level manager at Fair Isaacs.

He said that the status of how a card is closed (by consumer or by creditor) doesn't play any factor in calculating your scores.
Message 3 of 4
athensguy
Valued Contributor

@coachhenson wrote:
I just read an article interviewing an upper level manager at Fair Isaacs.

He said that the status of how a card is closed (by consumer or by creditor) doesn't play any factor in calculating your scores.

We know. The only time it's an issue is if there is a manual review.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.