Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HSBC

tag
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: HSBC

Maybe they have changed things around, that thread was from 2007.    All I can say is that the website is an online credit card application, and the type of information they ask for, mother's maiden name, SSN, would lead me to expect a credit pull.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 11 of 12
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

Re: HSBC

i believe that the hsbc pre qualify link used to be for credit cards that you would have to log in first, being that a checking account was required. but seemingly now, this is not the case; and it is easy to confuse this with the pre qual.

in any event, you need to check your app status now that you have inavertently applied for this; i would consider calling a credit analyst to work out the kinks. tell them your situation and they should be able to help you; however is highly unlikely that you will be able to remove the hard inquiry. i would consider whether or not you want a new account if they still haven't approved you yet.

earth air water fire master visa express discover
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.