Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HSBC

tag
toddbeck
Valued Member

HSBC

I have recently been going to the HSBC soft-site to gauge my credit via soft pulls every week or so...  I have had no issues -until Sunday....they hit me with a HARD inq????

What are my chances of A.) it falling off after a few days, B.) my dispute goign thru and it getting removed?

ANyone have experience with this?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: HSBC

They shouldn't hit you with a Hard inquiry if you just went to their pre~approval site.    You are positive that you didn't apply or partially fill in any information via an application ?

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 12
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

there is NEVER a reason for a bank to hard you on a credit card UNLESS you are directly applying for it, or you requesting a credit limit increase. you may have inadvertently applied for a card or you are experiencing identity theft.

earth air water fire master visa express discover
Message 3 of 12
CS800
Super Contributor

Where is the soft site?

Message 4 of 12
toddbeck
Valued Member

Their soft form requires you to fill in alot of information... I never applied, and never saw a approved or denied screen.  Just the screen that shows terms.

I will also add that I think I just closed the browser, did hit cancel.

Message 5 of 12
toddbeck
Valued Member

Also, here is the link I used.

Found in another post on this forum.
Message 6 of 12
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

@toddbeck wrote:

Also, here is the link I used.

Found in another post on this forum.

This is a link is for their CC application, it is not a pre~approval website.   If this is what you filled out then I'm not suprised that they pulled your credit.

Message 7 of 12
toddbeck
Valued Member

Has anyone had the dispute actually work?

Should I go ahead and redo the app and apply?  WIll that be another hard or count as the same one?

Message 8 of 12
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

IMO you really don't have anything to dispute.   You initiated a business transaction with HSBC when you filled out the application, so they pulled your credit.

I don't know for certain but I'm guessing that they would pull your credit again if you applied again.

Message 9 of 12
toddbeck
Valued Member

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/quot-Soft-Pull-Websites-quot-How-to-find-out-if-you-wil...

The link above is the MYFICO post where the 'Soft" link was obtained.... And the form that filled out looks identical to the orchard soft?  I have used it before with no Hard INQ.  Alo it states "no obligation". on that site.  (I realize that could mean a varity of things)

Well my days of soft pulls are over!

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.