Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HSBC

tag
scoreupper
Established Member

HSBC

I had an offer from them so I applied and was approved. they did not disclose CL, AF or any perks. Got the card in the mail today opend it up , and searched for the disclosures.....Not to be found. I called up and was told CL $300.00, AF 59.00 and APR of P+5.99.

I paused for a moment and they said are you there.........I said ok. I have a card with you already I think that has a CL$4400.00 and NO AF for over three years the number is XXXXXX. Why in the world am I gonna keep this card..Account SPEC, tried to waive half the annual fee and said this is just a start.... I said look, either you make it CL5K, No AF or you can hear the sound of my new shredder.......Seriously. He paused and said I can do half the AF. Needless to say, he soon heard it.

-----> Has anyone heard of treatment like this by a credit card company? I feel trully empowered since I came across thos fourm....I likemy new h00ters card with a CL of 8K.
TU EQ EX 687 659 689 11/5/2007
700 669 689 12/7/2007
Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: HSBC

GOOD FOR YOU!!  People sometimes get caught up in the 'Oh well this is what they gave me'.  No one HAS to take a crap card and I wouldn't take one from an existing issuer either when I had kept my account in good standing for that long.
Message 2 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

I like a dumb clod didn't read the disclosure and already had good cards when I said ok to the pre app offer- got the card in the mail and wouldn't activate it- they called my house like crazy. I said no- I will not open it if you don't give me a higher credit line and no AF. They wouldn't and I hung up.

Called me house again- I said ok, give me a 1000 CLI and no AF. The ignoramous I talked to said something that sounded like of- and then activated it and told me 300 CL - 0% for the year and 1/2 the AF. I said absolutely not- I want to close it right now- they said I couldn't close it because now I owed half the fee- so I had to go round and round for 2 whole weeks to get them to write off the AF- I know for a fact in Jan if they don't give me a huge CLI and no AF and a decent APR I will 100
Message 3 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

100 PERCENT close them immediatly. I have too many better cards, and I am actually peeved at myself for not reading the fine print- I always do- this one was thrown in the mix of pre selected offers and I was at a weak point and feeling like I was so in control- tables turned on me didn't they!!!

Oh well. It will be closed, I know for sure.
Message 4 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

They are the ONLY card I have ever had to do an  AF w/- and trust me- I would have fought to the very end to make them do what they did- take it off. The only card I might even begin to consider for an AF would be an Amex CC- but at this point in my life I am not in a position to need a card that one could charge up a devestatingly high limit and PIF. It goes against my principles at this point in my life.

Now if I become a millionaire- maybe- (grins and giggles...)
Message 5 of 22
scoreupper
Established Member

The sharks are circling now.....I just got this offer via e-mail and HSBC called me on the phone to activate my card. I told them that I called today and canceled due to above reasons. Customer Service Rep said it takes a few days to update the system.

Hope It was not opened and removed form my report..I DID NOT ACTIVATE IT!

new offer....

Get a 60-second response
for the best card for bad credit.

as low as 8.9% Variable APR on purchases*%*   Variable
APR
on purchases
APPLY NOW         
This message is a solicitation for an Orchard Bank credit card account.

* Rates are accurate as of September 6, 2007. Offer subject to credit approval. The variable Customary APR for credit card purchases will be between 8.9% and 18.9% depending on credit worthiness. The variable Cash APR will be 25.15% (minimum Cash APR: 20.90%). The variable Default APR will be 30.49% (minimum Default APR: 29.49%). A cash advance fee of 5% ($5 minimum) will apply to balance transfers, if available, and cash advances, unless otherwise disclosed. The minimum finance charge is $1. The annual fee will be charged at the rate of between $4 and $8 every billing cycle as a Periodic Membership Fee. The total annualized amount is between $48 and $96, depending on your creditworthiness. Depending upon creditworthiness, a Processing fee between $19 and $49 could apply. The foreign transaction fee is 1% of the U.S. dollar amount on transactions made in a foreign currency. Depending on your creditworthiness a security deposit may be required.

Rush Processing is not available on all cards. If you select Rush Processing, a fee will apply.

Please note that we have the right to change your APRs, fees, and other terms at any time for any reason in accordance with the Cardmember Agreement and applicable law. See disclosures within the online application process.

Legal
The Orchard Bank MasterCard is issued by HSBC Bank Nevada, N.A. and is serviced by HSBC Card Services Inc. and/or HSBC Card Services (II) Inc.

About This Message
This email was sent to: ME!!!
If you do not wish to receive future emails about credit card products available from Orchard Bank, please click here to unsubscribe.

Privacy/Security
HSBC Bank Nevada, N.A. is committed to safeguarding your privacy online.
If you would like more details, please visit Orchard Bank's Privacy and Security Information at orchardbank.com.

We maintain strict security standards and procedures to prevent unauthorized access to information about you. Orchard Bank Credit Card will never contact you by email or otherwise to ask you to validate personal information such as your Login ID, password or account numbers. If you receive such a request please notify us or call the number listed on the back of your card.

HSBC Card Services, Inc.
1441 Schilling Place
Salinas, CA 93912

© Copyright 2007. HSBC Card Services Inc. All rights reserved.
Privacy and Security  |   Terms of Use  |   Link Policy

WUPS mc_01
TU EQ EX 687 659 689 11/5/2007
700 669 689 12/7/2007
Message 6 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

It will pop up on your Credit report sometime within next 90 days. You will have to use letter to remove it.
Message 7 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

score,

i got the same crappy email.  I canceled my hsbc card last night. i had that card since 2002 with a $1125 credit line and a AF of $59.  when i got the statement in the mail yesterday i called them to get the fee removed.  they would not get rid of it for good, only for one year.

i told the customer service lady, cancel this card now and remove the fee.  she had the nerveh to ask me why do I want to canceled that nasty credit card.

I would never get that card again.  I will keep my AMEX cards!!
Message 8 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Please tell me that you cancel without paying the AF.  I just saw my new Hooters card on my CR and It has an AF of $39.00 with a CL of $1000! They can keep it. The CSR told me I could not cancel until I received the card??
Message 9 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

HSBC truly needs to change their policy,These morons solicite you with offers and send  preapproved and prequalified letters and when you apply they tell you sorry you already have the maximum amount of cards etc..WTH ,would they keep sending emails to people..I have 2 inquiries and they are still sending them...Smiley Mad
Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.