cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HSN Mastercard is no longer available!!!!!

tag
Boonie
Frequent Contributor

Re: HSN Mastercard is no longer available!!!!!

Interesting, because I have the HSN store card and tried applying for the HSN Mastercard a few weeks ago and go the 7-10 day message, but never heard anything, received anything in the mail.  I don't really need any more Comenity cards, but it was odd how I received nothing.   I had an odd experience with my new Motorola account, I was approved on 6/2 and was approved but haven't received the card yet.  I have called and still now card.  Something is definitely changing with Comenity.  They have always been like clockwork before....

@Ron1 wrote:

I logged into my HSN account. I want to see if I quaiify for HSN Mastercard thru shopping cart trick. The following message pop-up when I clicked to apply:

We're sorry but we are no longer taking applications for the HSN MasterCard. If you are an Existing HSN MasterCard holder, you will be getting a letter from Comenity Capital Bank in late July regarding your HSN MasterCard account

Ron.

04/10/17 - FICO 8s - EX 769, EQ 710, TU 724
Message 11 of 14
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@IamB2 wrote:

yeah commenity is removing some VISA/MC exposures. They are going to focus on store cards.

Interesting.  Seems like they really want to build on their niche market of builders/rebuilders and store loyalists.

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 12 of 14
Jeff532003
Frequent Contributor

Seeing as they just started the BJ's myperks mastercards this November I don't think this is the case. If I had to guess it's the retailers pulling away from the visa/ mc not commenity. I'm pretty sure as with most retail cards the retailer is on the hook for part of any default made on the account. Part of the contract with commenity handling the account so if the retailer feels they're loosing to much from people using they're visa/mc at other stores they may decide to drop it and only eat the loss on what they're selling.
Capital One Venture- 10k, Quicksilver 3.5k, QS MC- 5.8 k, Venture One 5k| Chase Amazon 2k | American Express PRG- NPSL, JetBlue TrueBlue-2k | Bank of America Cash Rewards- 2k | DIscover IT- 1.3k | Barclay's Rewards MC- 1.3k | Greylock FCU (elan)- 500 | BJ's Perks Mastercard 3k | Overstock - 1k| Express - 750 | J Crew 4.3k | Orbitz Visa 2k| Walmart 700 |
TU FICO 5/14 - 520 | FICO 2/15 - 704 | FICO 6/21 - 702 |
Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jeff532003 wrote:
Seeing as they just started the BJ's myperks mastercards this November I don't think this is the case. If I had to guess it's the retailers pulling away from the visa/ mc not commenity. I'm pretty sure as with most retail cards the retailer is on the hook for part of any default made on the account. Part of the contract with commenity handling the account so if the retailer feels they're loosing to much from people using they're visa/mc at other stores they may decide to drop it and only eat the loss on what they're selling.

This makes sense.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.