Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HSN no Upgrade to MC...

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

HSN no Upgrade to MC...

Recieved my new HSN Card in the mail today and called to ask about upgrading to MasterCard and was told I could apply and then I would have both a Mastercard and a regular card!

umm, no... why would I want to HSN cards... this isn't Macy's 2 for 1!!

He said that is the only way, no upgrades!

Does anyone know if they ever offer it via mail or something like GE sometimes?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
mrvoicelc
New Contributor

Re: HSN no Upgrade to MC...

I was told the same thing when I found out there was an HSN MC...why would you need two cards of that nature...

Message 2 of 8
ways2go
Frequent Contributor

Has anyone had the Shopping Cart trick for the HSN Mastercard?   It pops up for me for the HSN Card,  just wondered if anyone had the HSN MC pop up.

Message 3 of 8
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

@mrvoicelc wrote:

I was told the same thing when I found out there was an HSN MC...why would you need two cards of that nature...

Well, if there were an upgrade offer then you can use the MC anywhere, but the card only at HSN.  So there would be an advantage if it was possible to upgrade.

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 4 of 8
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

@ways2go wrote:

Has anyone had the Shopping Cart trick for the HSN Mastercard?   It pops up for me for the HSN Card,  just wondered if anyone had the HSN MC pop up.

When I got the popup, it just said the HSN card too.  But I could have sworn that they first consider you for the MC and if not approved then they consider you for the HSN card.  Nonetheless I got the HSN card and the good thing about it is that it grew really fast for me with minimal usage.

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 5 of 8
sailor_mercury
Valued Contributor

@ways2go wrote:

I received the MC offer through the shopping cart trick.  This was back in December.  I already had an HSN acct that I used maybe once a year.  I logged in threw something random in just see if I would get the popup.  I was able to accept the offer and then not complete the order.

NFCU nCashRewards VISA - $20,000 | NFCU nRewards $10,000
AMEX Costco TrueEarnings $5,000 | AMEX Delta Gold $1,500
Chase SWA VISA $5,000 | Chase Slate $3,500 | Chase Amazon Rewards VISA $3,000
HSN Mastecard $3,500
Message 6 of 8
ways2go
Frequent Contributor

SP or HP?

Message 7 of 8
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@ways2go wrote:

SP or HP?

sp with pop up

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.