Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HUGE CLD

tag
12njoy
Super Contributor

HUGE CLD

I got back from Hawaii to discover via accumulated mail that Bank of America reduced my Bank Americard from $71,000 to $10,000 and my Alaska Airlines Visa Signature from $5,500 to $500.  I called up BofA to see if I would be keeping the Alaska Airlines card's benefits because if not, both cards would be closed.  To my surprise, the credit analysts said I would be able to keep all the benefits of the Visa Signature (minus the credit limit).  Also, discovered that Barclays did a CLD as well (this was anticipated) on the CashForward from $5,000 to $500.  Promptly closed all Barclays accounts.  That big CLD dipped me below that 1 mill mark, so in a desperate move to secure additional credit, I reached out to CITI and was able to secure CLI's on my Expedia, DC, Simplicity and Costco.  That was just enough to get me back to that 1 mill mark.  It's going to be a tug-of-war from here on out.

(Formerly known as: Credit is my hobby/TCL objective)
___________ 12Njoy
FICO - EX 810; EQ 797; TU 804 I'm climbing back to 800+
Message 1 of 105
104 REPLIES 104
Caught750
Valued Contributor

Re: HUGE CLD

😮😮 how did you even manage to get that kinda total line?! I’m sitting here in shock lol
PERSONAL; Amex | AOD FCU | BBVA | BECU | Capital 1 | Chase | Citi | Discover | Key | NFCU | PSECU | SECU MD | Synchrony | US Bank
BUSINESS; Amex | Citi
F8 Current F8s ~750 Best Ever F8s ~775
TOTAL PERSONAL CL > $350k and TCL > $365k
Message 2 of 105
12njoy
Super Contributor

wrote:
😮😮 how did you even manage to get that kinda total line?! I’m sitting here in shock lol

Took some work but began from the days with Fidelity and upon transfer to BofA, it came with ease.  They said I wasn't using my lines.  Well I can't use 71k because I don't know who's going to pay that back, not me Smiley Happy Smiley Happy  I've had that limit for about 2 years.

___________ 12Njoy
Message 3 of 105
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Lol, while you were chasing 750, 12 was crashing 1,000,000Smiley Wink

Dang, 12, very sorry to hear but glad you have other options. Barclays can have a sip of my coffee if they likeSmiley Wink. The worse clds are when they drop it to a $500. WUT, what are you a rebuilder?. We know clds can happen but just close the card if you wanna drop me that low. The boa has restricted, the 12 has unhinged the jaws and took a walk in the CitiSmiley Happy
Message 4 of 105
Caught750
Valued Contributor

That’s insane! Yea, I PIF everything and I couldn’t pay that in a year. It’s definitely a bummer but I guess you can’t argue it too much.
PERSONAL; Amex | AOD FCU | BBVA | BECU | Capital 1 | Chase | Citi | Discover | Key | NFCU | PSECU | SECU MD | Synchrony | US Bank
BUSINESS; Amex | Citi
F8 Current F8s ~750 Best Ever F8s ~775
TOTAL PERSONAL CL > $350k and TCL > $365k
Message 5 of 105
Anonymous
Not applicable

wrote:

I got back from Hawaii to discover via accumulated mail that Bank of America reduced my Bank Americard from $71,000 to $10,000 and my Alaska Airlines Visa Signature from $5,500 to $500.  I called up BofA to see if I would be keeping the Alaska Airlines card's benefits because if not, both cards would be closed.  To my surprise, the credit analysts said I would be able to keep all the benefits of the Visa Signature (minus the credit limit).  Also, discovered that Barclays did a CLD as well (this was anticipated) on the CashForward from $5,000 to $500.  Promptly closed all Barclays accounts.  That big CLD dipped me below that 1 mill mark, so in a desperate move to secure additional credit, I reached out to CITI and was able to secure CLI's on my Expedia, DC, Simplicity and Costco.  That was just enough to get me back to that 1 mill mark.  It's going to be a tug-of-war from here on out.

It’s cool that you have one million in credit. But honestly besides billionaires who on Earth actually needs that? Sounds more like for bragging purposes than anything. I think all those reductions are saying something. You are close to max exposure with many banks. To each their own. Good luck.

Message 6 of 105
12njoy
Super Contributor

wrote:
Lol, while you were chasing 750, 12 was crashing 1,000,000Smiley Wink

Dang, 12, very sorry to hear but glad you have other options. Barclays can have a sip of my coffee if they likeSmiley Wink. The worse clds are when they drop it to a $500. WUT, what are you a rebuilder?. We know clds can happen but just close the card if you wanna drop me that low. The boa has restricted, the 12 has unhinged the jaws and took a walk in the CitiSmiley Happy

Thanks AverageJoe.  It not for the companion ticket, I would have told BofA to kick rocks but if you time it right, you can get two companion tickets to use in one trip (just have to book two separate bookings).  That's worth the $95 fee, even if only a $500 credit limit. 

___________ 12Njoy
Message 7 of 105
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Ben, weve been down this road before with a few posters. 12njoy is not here to brag or anything, he has been here sharing his particular journey through the credit world. Like all of us, hes had ups and down, and in my almost 2 years on this forum i havent seen one post bragging about his limits. We each have different wants needs and goals. Lets support each other so we all may feel we can post about our journeysSmiley Wink
Message 8 of 105
12njoy
Super Contributor

wrote:
That’s insane! Yea, I PIF everything and I couldn’t pay that in a year. It’s definitely a bummer but I guess you can’t argue it too much.

Nope, they got no argument from me at all Smiley Happy

___________ 12Njoy
Message 9 of 105
12njoy
Super Contributor

wrote:

wrote:

It’s cool that you have one million in credit. But honestly besides billionaires who on Earth actually needs that? Sounds more like for bragging purposes than anything )(Not at all, personal choice). I think all those reductions are saying something. You are close to max exposure with many banks. To each their own (That's my motto). Good luck. Thank you

___________ 12Njoy
Message 10 of 105
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.