Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HUGE CLD

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: HUGE CLD

wrote:

I can't believe they cut cards down to $500.  Why not just toss you under a frieght train?  So wrong.   I am sorry. But other cards picked it up. 

I would like know how you did this - great effort.  DW and mine cards tend to top out or should say we quit asking after the 10K to 20K range. 

Dw and mine income while has been above $100K for years tends to fluctuate alot and we are scared to report some of the higher years. The joy of small business owners.   

You make it, might as well report it. If they ask for proof you got it. Don’t fear what you make. Especially if you’d like a card or two to give you higher. You can always report lower if you have a down year when it happens. Most issuers have a section online to update your income.

Message 61 of 105
arkane
Established Contributor

wrote:

I can't believe they cut cards down to $500.  Why not just toss you under a frieght train?  So wrong.   I am sorry. But other cards picked it up. 

I would like know how you did this - great effort.  DW and mine cards tend to top out or should say we quit asking after the 10K to 20K range. 

Dw and mine income while has been above $100K for years tends to fluctuate alot and we are scared to report some of the higher years. The joy of small business owners.   

Nothing wrong with reporting higher income if you can provide the documentation. I'm sure banks deal with small business owners enough to understand fluctuations are normal.

Also, no point in chasing CL (especially if an HP is involved) if you're happy with what you have, which sounds like you are at this point.

Active:

Closed:

6/8/20:

Message 62 of 105
kugel
Valued Contributor

Oh that’s a old story Bofa is known for doing it Bofa is a very very nasty bank !!
Message 63 of 105
Anonymous
Not applicable

wrote:

wrote:

Nothing wrong with reporting higher income if you can provide the documentation. I'm sure banks deal with small business owners enough to understand fluctuations are normal.

Also, no point in chasing CL (especially if an HP is involved) if you're happy with what you have, which sounds like you are at this point.

Great minds think alike... lol.

Message 64 of 105
arkane
Established Contributor

wrote:
Oh that’s a old story Bofa is known for doing it Bofa is a very very nasty bank !!

Uhh yeah I'm pretty sure every single bank on this planet (well, every single bank that wants to stay in business) will slash your credit lines if they feel uncomfortable with your amount of exposure. Definitely not something unique to BoA. 

Active:

Closed:

6/8/20:

Message 65 of 105
UpperNwGuy
Valued Contributor

wrote:

Every day I see dozens of people not getting a huge increase of credit after three months and cussing out the company and coming on here saying they are going to dump the card getting another. Why? Because people on here encourage them. Saying that it doesn’t matter how many new accounts or how many HP. Just go ahead and keep applying. I take the opposite side to try and balance out and have people slow down. 

+1

Daily Carry: PenFed Power Cash • NFCU Flagship • NFCU More Rewards • Chase Freedom
Sock Drawer: PenFed Promise • NFCU cashRewards • Chase Sapphire Preferred • Chase Freedom Unlimited • United Explorer • UNFCU Azure
Message 66 of 105
JSS3
Valued Contributor

What is your reported utilization on over 1,000,000 in credit?
Message 67 of 105
kdm31091
Super Contributor

wrote:

wrote:

Ben,

Thanks.  We're good folks for the most part around here.  I try not to tell people what they should or shouldn't do.  If someone asks my opinion then I'll give it.  For me, I try not to say things about people that I know may be taken the wrong way or just may be offensive in general.  We learn by sharing and that has worked really well for me.  I used to be on this site 24/7.  It was addictive, but I've come back to post things that I think are things that may help others.  This particular CLD may help others when they look at my available credit and they may decide that this is not for them.  I am certainly not the model for everyone here.  I do however have some great myFICO friends here who are very protective because there have been some who have attempted to beat me down whenever I post.  They mean no harm, they're great people.

Noted. But like it or not you are a role model now. That million credit does it. Especially for the younger generation just starting out. Every day I see dozens of people not getting a huge increase of credit after three months and cussing out the company and coming on here saying they are going to dump the card getting another. Why? Because people on here encourage them. Saying that it doesn’t matter how many new accounts or how many HP. Just go ahead and keep applying. I take the opposite side to try and balance out and have people slow down. One persons offended is another’s nothing. I will dole out tough love on here because I’m not one who worries about offending. I see so many who took great advise on here to rebuild and then blow up again with debt. Not saying that’s you at all. But there are ones on here who look up to you and the other great people on here. 

This exactly. Keep in mind that the average consumer is applying to maybe 1-2 cards per year. So most of us on here with 5 or 10 or 15 inquiries in one year are definitely outliers, and not in a good way. Standing out to a bank is not a good thing, so yes, these things happen from time to time.

It definitely pays to take it easy, both from a standpoint of avoiding adverse action and so one does not run up uncontrollable debt (if that was an issue in the past). Don't get too caught up in chasing 1-2% cash back on things and ignore the bigger picture.

Message 68 of 105
12njoy
Super Contributor

I have a little over $11,000 in credit card debt. Now let me say that may not be for everyone nor to have 1 million and not use it. Please recognize I'm not advocating for anyone to follow me. This is my personal choice and may not be for the reader.
(Formerly known as: Credit is my hobby/TCL objective)
___________ 12Njoy
FICO - EX 810; EQ 797; TU 804 I'm climbing back to 800+
Message 69 of 105
Gmood1
Super Contributor

wrote:
I have a little over $11,000 in credit card debt. Now let me say that may not be for everyone nor to have 1 million and not use it. Please recognize I'm not advocating for anyone to follow me. This is my personal choice and may not be for the reader.

Relax 12,

There's no need to state a disclaimer for those that look at your choices negatively.

It is after all your choice as it is everyone to do as they please with their OWN credit.

I'm not anyone's daddy in these forums and I do not hold hands. People make their own beds regardless of what's posted in these forums. I get a little irritated with the want to be daddys and momma's in these forums at times. Some of you were raised to walk on eggshells your entire lives. Some of us like to live on the edge and push the boundaries. If we fall, we get up, learn and pass it on to others.

We appreciate your post here 12. You've helped me in the past and you didn't know it. I've learned alot from you as well as a bunch of the folks posting here. 

Having huge CLs doesn't mean some one is in debt. It takes a special breed with discipline to handle those kinds of limits. Its not for everyone or people weak to temptations.

On another more serious note 12, should I have the bronze statue of you in a Heisman style stance holding a arm full of credit cards? Or a more conservative pose like the "Thinker", overlooking a pile of cards? 😂

Sorry... I couldn't stay serious for too long. lol

Message 70 of 105
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.