Did you mean: 

HUGE CLD

tag
iced
Valued Contributor

Re: HUGE CLD

wrote:

wrote:
Agreed, I’m new to CC and would love to learn from 12. Who operates how, how he got his limits so I can get what I’d like, things like that. He has so much knowledge to share! I see it as him having a wealth of information to share, not bragging.

Most people such as you see and understand the true purpose of the forum.  You read and get what you want out of it.  My posts may not help everyone or anyone, but I want to share and get as much information as I can.

I would like to think the true purpose of this forum is about teaching responsible rebuilding and use of credit, not frivolous pursuit of credit to attain some arbitrary number. I don't know about the rest of your journey, but none of that is being taught by you in this thread. To insinuate otherwise is an insult to prudence.

If the $1 million number didn't matter to you, you wouldn't have mentioned it in the OP. Instead, you would have only talked about the CLD. However, this post wasn't about a CLD - it was about falling below your $1 million in CL and regaining it with Citi. The only learning opportunity I see here is how not to over-extend oneself.

Nobody should want to emulate this, and for me at least, it's a bit mind-blowing to see people who do.

Message 81 of 105
12njoy
Super Contributor

Ice,

Teaching moments work both ways. What to do and what not to do. Again whay about people who don't believe in using credit? The reader can infer anything they want from any of us. You have your personal choice and i have mine.
(Formerly known as: Credit is my hobby/TCL objective)
___________ 12Njoy
FICO - EX 810; EQ 797; TU 804 I'm climbing back to 800+
Message 82 of 105
12njoy
Super Contributor

I believe when one is over extended, they have way too much debt. I'm sorry but I don't have wsy too much debt. Much available credit yes, debt no. Some lenders look at available credit as debt I realize, but if available credit is slashed, that doesn't amount to being over extended!!
___________ 12Njoy
Message 83 of 105
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm sorry if I've offended you. But I thought the point in life was to remain teachable. As long as we have real conversations where we speak to one another instead of over one another then things will continue to evolve in a good direction. I was just trying to process things for myself and not instigate anything. I can tell you have been attacked many times and seem quite defensive. Well believe me it's nice to have larger limits especially for utilization. The only thing I was just curious about where the factors involving why it happened and then why you felt the need to go to another issue or to immediately seek and increase just to get back to that Target total limit. It just seems like an unnecessary fixation but it is okay because it's your credit not mine and you're entitled to do with it as you please. I am an extremist as well. Look at the cards in my signature that is more than enough for what I need but each one serves a purpose. However I don't go aggressively seeking increases on each card when I know they are not going to be used. I'm happy you have been able to have a successful rebuild and sorry that this hiccup has happened. I truly wish you nothing but the best in your journey.
Message 84 of 105
Anonymous
Not applicable

wrote:

wrote:
Ben, weve been down this road before with a few posters. 12njoy is not here to brag or anything, he has been here sharing his particular journey through the credit world. Like all of us, hes had ups and down, and in my almost 2 years on this forum i havent seen one post bragging about his limits. We each have different wants needs and goals. Lets support each other so we all may feel we can post about our journeysSmiley Wink

Well that is bragging. He has so high credit that who cares if one is at 990k credit or 1 million. And this is my opinion on it. I thought this is a place for opinions? I’m not being disrespectful. And I think much of what I said is based in fact. Many reductions can often mean a person is near max exposure. Just who is this going to help that’s in here trying to build? None of us. There are many high credit that admit they do it for the sport of it. Which is fine. To each their own.

Sounds like your jealous.... Come on, you can do it too!!

You can have your opinion. You said what you needed to say, now move on.

Message 85 of 105
12njoy
Super Contributor

Jfriend,

Thank you for that clarification. I believe it's all in the delivery. Your recent post is a great example of how we should speak in regards to things that don't necessarily work for us. In your latest post, it was more about how my how my situation wouldn't work for you and where you are. I truly respect that. In my opinion. Your earlier post appeared to tell me whay was best for me. So again, I appreciate the clarification and respect your thoughts. I truly don't advise/encourage folks to follow me.
___________ 12Njoy
Message 86 of 105
Anonymous
Not applicable

wrote:

wrote:
Agreed, I’m new to CC and would love to learn from 12. Who operates how, how he got his limits so I can get what I’d like, things like that. He has so much knowledge to share! I see it as him having a wealth of information to share, not bragging.

One does with experience with credit. But what info is gleamed from this? I’m a high baller and I make sure to keep above 1 million. Most of us will never have the type of income for that. Yea when one creditor lowers you, you can go to others and ask for a raise because each have different criteria. For people that don’t know that now they do. I’m sure this great poster can run circles around us with knowledge. And bet he’s given great advise. People are too sensitive in here.

Did you say you were sensitive? 

Message 87 of 105
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Okay lets all remember to keep cool heads and make our posts in an FSR manner, there is no need to question anyones' motives or means it is what is is for each of us, lets please all remember this.
Message 88 of 105
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

wrote:

I got back from Hawaii to discover via accumulated mail that Bank of America reduced my Bank Americard from $71,000 to $10,000 and my Alaska Airlines Visa Signature from $5,500 to $500.  I called up BofA to see if I would be keeping the Alaska Airlines card's benefits because if not, both cards would be closed.  To my surprise, the credit analysts said I would be able to keep all the benefits of the Visa Signature (minus the credit limit).  Also, discovered that Barclays did a CLD as well (this was anticipated) on the CashForward from $5,000 to $500.  Promptly closed all Barclays accounts.  That big CLD dipped me below that 1 mill mark, so in a desperate move to secure additional credit, I reached out to CITI and was able to secure CLI's on my Expedia, DC, Simplicity and Costco.  That was just enough to get me back to that 1 mill mark.  It's going to be a tug-of-war from here on out.

Life is tough at the top Smiley Happy

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 89 of 105
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dang, someone must've removed the message I was replying to... now I lost my reply.  Oh well, a super brief summary is, we're all here for our own reasons and we all have our own goals, many times contradicting each other's... the OP and myself are a great example of this.  It's fine to disagree, as long as we remain civil about it. Smiley Happy

Message 90 of 105
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.