Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Had a 3rd Macy's AmEx fraud

tag
Jazzzy
Valued Contributor

Had a 3rd Macy's AmEx fraud

I seldom use my Macy's AmEx, and have never used it online because I have had two prior instances of fraud with their card. That means I'm on my 3rd card...the original plus the 1st replacement plus the 2nd replacement.

I got a call a couple of days ago from their fraud department that someone had tried to use my account online for Starbucks. It didn't go through, but they wanted to let me know that they were going to cancel my card and send me a new one.

I'm done. I told them no thanks. This security breach has to be in their system. How else would they get the series of 3 different card numbers? I don't have them in any document online. I don't use the card online. This would have made my 4th card from them. I have only ever had one instance of cc fraud in the past. So, something is screwey about having it 3 times with one barely used card.

The frustrating part is that the first 2 times I had to catch it myself. Each time it took weeks to resolve. At least this last time they caught it themselves. Please check your Macy's account carefully.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
sunkissed
Established Contributor

Re: Had a 3rd Macy's AmEx fraud

Jazzzy, that's insane!  I don't blame you for being done, especially if you didn't use the card much anyhow.

I only have their store card and have not encountered any issues.  I use my card frequently, so I usually have a close eye on activity.  However, your experience is a reminder to me to check in on my accounts regularly to be certain all is well.

Good luck to you.

NFCU Flagship $32K | NFCU Cashrewards $42K | Discover IT $39K | SECU Visa $20K | Chase SW $24k | CSR $15K | Chase Bonvoy $11.5K | Chase Freedom $11.5K | Chase Amazon Visa 8.5K | AMEX Bonvoy $18.1K | AMEX Hilton Surpass $15K | AMEX Hilton Aspire $24.4K | AMEX Gold | Aviator Red $16K | Uber Visa 10k | Citi TY Premier $24.6K | BoA Premium Rewards 35k | BoA Cash Rewards Visa $31.5k | BoA Cash Rewards MC $23k | US Bank Cash+ $10k | USAA AMEX $6K | Cap1QS $11K | BJs MC $27.6K | Walmart MC $5.1K | Loft MC $25,000 | Macy’s Store/Amex $20K/$1K | BR Visa $10K | JCP $1K | VS $3.2K | Home Depot $5K | Lowes $8.5K | Target $14.5k
Message 2 of 3
MJ-san
Frequent Contributor

Re: Had a 3rd Macy's AmEx fraud

Jazzy- I'm on my 4th Macys Amex in the last 12 months. Two were due to fraud via Starbucks omlne, one for McAfee antivirus software, and the last one was for some home shopping crap.

The last 3 cards were -never- used, not physically or online.

I told the fraud folks that this clearly indicated that the problem must be internal, they just dismissed it. They did say Starbucks was a known issue that they have seen on multiple accounts.

unfortunately, it's an old tradeline (both store and Amex- formerly Visa) so I'm not closing them, but it's frustrating as hell!

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.