Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Had a good run, but couldn't leave without trying CITI

tag
12njoy
Super Contributor

Had a good run, but couldn't leave without trying CITI

I've had a great run so I decided to try CITI.  I included them in a BK in 1993 and they have never forgotten it, as they still have the account information at their fingertips.  Well I applied for the CITI Simplicity card.  Thinking I was going to get an instant denial, I went into a pending status and chatted with a representative who reviewed my application and declined application.  I'm thankful that it wasn't an instant denial.  This gives me hope for when I can put some distance between all these inquiries and new accounts I have.  I can now rest assured that I made a run for everything that I wanted.

(Formerly known as: Credit is my hobby/TCL objective)
___________ 12Njoy
FICO - EX 810; EQ 797; TU 804 I'm climbing back to 800+
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
ways2go
Frequent Contributor

Re: Had a good run, but couldn't leave without trying CITI

That's what happened to me.  My BK was from 89. I applied after I received numerous pre qualified offers and their website.  I went through the entire application online. I went to the end of the app, I don't think mine went to the appending status,  it went straight to a rep. They asked me for my full name, typed it, then they said I was denied with no reason.  I received an email the next day with explanation that I was denied due to going BK with them.

Message 2 of 5
12njoy
Super Contributor

@ways2go wrote:

That's what happened to me.  My BK was from 89. I applied after I received numerous pre qualified offers and their website.  I went through the entire application online. I went to the end of the app, I don't think mine went to the appending status,  it went straight to a rep. They asked me for my full name, typed it, then they said I was denied with no reason.  I received an email the next day with explanation that I was denied due to going BK with them.

Sorry to hear that.  I wasn't given a reason.  I assumed since it wasn't an immediate denial, it wasn't due to BK.  However, hearing from you, it may very well be due o BK.  My story went just like yours with the exception that I haven't received the email yet.  Representative just told me via chat that I was declined.  Have you tried a recon?

___________ 12Njoy
Message 3 of 5
12njoy
Super Contributor

just found a number to citi backdoor.  Got automated system which told me I was declined due to BK.  1993 BK  CITI definitely blacklist.  21 years and counting!Smiley Indifferent

___________ 12Njoy
Message 4 of 5
ways2go
Frequent Contributor

I didn't try to recon with them.  I have enough credit as it is.    I just wanted to see if I could get one.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.