Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Had my first hard pull in two years.

tag
Kendro
Contributor

Had my first hard pull in two years.

I've been happy with my current cards but decided to pull for my first AMEX earlier this month. I've decided that I want two more cards and I will never need another card ever again. I plan on getting a Citi Dividend Platinum Select and a Discover More. The problem is that even though I don't need them now, I kinda want the initial hard pulls to be over and done with so they can age together. My other plan was to apply for one exactly one year from now and another 2 years from now. I don't really need more credit though and it will be nice knowing that I can get a 0% rate next year and the year after if I delay my applications. But then again I always pay in full so 0% doesn't mean much to me. Should I go for both or should I spread them out over the next two years? The other thought I had was that even though I don't plan on buying a house yet, if I get through the hard pulls now, I can get a mortgage easily later on.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
clocktick
Valued Contributor

Re: Had my first hard pull in two years.

Well, all 3 might pull different CBs anyway but 3 inquiries is really not a lot...especially on different CBs.

11/30/08 TU 648 EX 672 EQ 656 SEPT 2014 TU 787 EX 789 EQ ???
Amex BCP $24.1K/Clear $8.5- Sallie Mae $27.5 -Cap One QS $7.5 - Chase Freedom $7.5/United $5k/CSP $20k/Ink- Citi DP $9.5/Dividend $13k/HHHx2 $15k/16.4/Reserve $4.5k Best Buy $1940 HD $1701- Discover IT $15k - Elan $8k GEMB Lowes $20k - Macy's $2k - Kohl's $800

Starting Score: 648
Current Score: 736
Goal Score: 765

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 2 of 3
Mailak
Frequent Contributor

Re: Had my first hard pull in two years.

I would venture to guess AMEX and Discover will likely pull different bureaus but you never know. I need cards too - I just got 3 together. I was able to get 2 AMEX for 1 HP on EX and was able to go for Discover which fell on EQ. So, that was my strategy. But, it's still 3 new accounts.

PenFed Platinum Cash Rewards (19.5k), Amex BCE (9k), Chase Sapphire Reserve (30k), Chase Freedom Unlimited (14.5k), Chase Marriott Premier (19k), Discover More (10k)
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.