cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Had to Freeze all 3 CBs, Questions...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Had to Freeze all 3 CBs, Questions...

@vikingred wrote:

Had an ID theft attempt with one of my cards, very strange--synchrony bank.  Would-be thief had my name, social, dob, card number, and mothers maiden name.  Changed my address on the synchrony card to somewhere out of state and ordered 3k work of stuff from apple store and another place.  I caught it right away and got everything squared away and a new card on the way.  Im thinking it's an inside job.    Already had Innovis/ARS/IDA and EX frozen.  Now I've frozen TU and EQ, so I'm locked down tight.  Mind you I didn't do a "fraud alert" just regular freezes because I've got a bunch of new accts and don't want any mass closure on my hands.  Questions:

1.  Will my existing CC companies still be able to soft me through the freeze for their regular updates and snooping and such, and will they know I've frozen my bureaus?  If they will see/know it, will it cause issues or spook them?

2.  Will I still be able to click CLI luv buttons for increases while bureaus are frozen?  Again, I guess I'm asking do softs work when CBs are frozen?

3.  Can someone tell me how in the world someone could have my CC#, current address, SS#, dob, mothers maiden name?  Card has been locked in my safe and barely used.  No one in my house has even seen it, nor would anyone do this. 

I'm pissed.  But, guess it was time for my 6 month spree to end anyway, just don't want any AA or negative consequences as a result of this.

Reports with all this information(reffered to as "Fullz") can be bought online trough the black market. Sometimes it's legit full length credit reoprts and sometimes it's information phished from the victim themselves.  

Message 11 of 15
vikingred
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@vikingred wrote:

Had an ID theft attempt with one of my cards, very strange--synchrony bank.  Would-be thief had my name, social, dob, card number, and mothers maiden name.  Changed my address on the synchrony card to somewhere out of state and ordered 3k work of stuff from apple store and another place.  I caught it right away and got everything squared away and a new card on the way.  Im thinking it's an inside job.    Already had Innovis/ARS/IDA and EX frozen.  Now I've frozen TU and EQ, so I'm locked down tight.  Mind you I didn't do a "fraud alert" just regular freezes because I've got a bunch of new accts and don't want any mass closure on my hands.  Questions:

1.  Will my existing CC companies still be able to soft me through the freeze for their regular updates and snooping and such, and will they know I've frozen my bureaus?  If they will see/know it, will it cause issues or spook them?

2.  Will I still be able to click CLI luv buttons for increases while bureaus are frozen?  Again, I guess I'm asking do softs work when CBs are frozen?

3.  Can someone tell me how in the world someone could have my CC#, current address, SS#, dob, mothers maiden name?  Card has been locked in my safe and barely used.  No one in my house has even seen it, nor would anyone do this. 

I'm pissed.  But, guess it was time for my 6 month spree to end anyway, just don't want any AA or negative consequences as a result of this.

Reports with all this information(reffered to as "Fullz") can be bought online trough the black market. Sometimes it's legit full length credit reoprts and sometimes it's information phished from the victim themselves.  

Well, the fool who bought my fullz got jacked because he never got the macbook air or the 2 samsung phones he was trying to fraud. 

Message 12 of 15
Aarvard
Established Contributor

Did you get to see that bastard's home address?

03/25/2015 TU 08 765, EX 08 747, EQ 08 757, EQ 04 754.
01/30/2016 TU 08 775, EX 08 752, EQ 08 744
Goal: 780+ across all models.
Message 13 of 15
Blodreina
Established Contributor

Did you file a police report?!

Message 14 of 15
Kirmie2010
Established Contributor

Looks like you already got most of yours answers.

When I was freezing all of ours it let me add a phone number to call if I wanted to let a creditor pull the file. 

The fullz explination works as well as stolen mail or thrown out garbage.  (Youve never seen some crack head rifling through your stuff outside?)

I wouldnt worry about the AA or negatives.  So far there hasnt been any for freezing our accounts and replacing the cards.  (except some accounts are now showing closed by request and have not yet resurfaced on reports but im sure they will)

*edit*
whoever bought it if they did probably ordered quite a few items with quite a few peoples info.  Most of this stuff is usually done in bulk.

Hope things get figured out for you and dont have any lasting effects.

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.