Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hah! Approved for Chase Freedom!

tag
Guava
Established Contributor

Hah! Approved for Chase Freedom!

Hai guys! I'm elated! I was approved for the Freedom from chase. It was such a relief because I jumped through a few hoops to hear the word "congratulations" from the CR.

Anyhow, I applied about 2 weeks ago and got the 7-10 days message. I waited a few days later and called the back door number from the stickied thread here. The first lady I talked to was dreary and monotonous, she said I was declined because of the "outstanding debt on your credit accounts is too hight" and because of a recent collection from some place (they pulled EX). Both of which are not true, my util is under 5% and I'm sure the recent collection is bogus. She said there's nothing she could do so I bid her farewell and hung up.

But I called in again! the same number. This time I got a lively lady. She put me on hold and verified my income and such, then she told me to send in a copy of my driver license and social security card. Since I really wanted this card and the $300 bonus, I faxed it over. I was given a different number to call back in 24-48 hrs. This was on Monday.

Today I called the number the lively lady gave me and it seems like it's the number for their lending department. The analyst told me my faxed document wasn't scanned and incorporated into my app file yet, and I should call back in another 24-48 hrs. I didn't feel so good after that conversation, but something urged me to call in again to the number from this forum. A motononous lady picked up, I immediately thought oh crap please let it not be the same one who declined me. I told her about my fax and she turned me over to a guy from the verification department. Seemed like he had my documents in his hand, he proceeded to ask me some questions and then bam! "Congratulations" I'll receive my cards in 7-10 days!

I hope I made sense. MyFico is awesome, without you I wouldn't have been approved! 

I intend to request my Experian report to see what the collection is about as I don't see it on my TU report. I'm certain that it's not mine, boy was I surprised and  pissed when I heard about this over the phone. 

Anyway thanks for reading guys!

EDIT: called the automated app status number, my CL is $1000. Lower than my Citi Dividend but I'll live with it, happily, for now Smiley Very Happy

Starting Score (08/11/11): TU08: 643
Current Score: TU08: 741
Goal Score: Stay in the 700s; keep reports clean

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Skinnyminnie
Regular Contributor

Re: Hah! Approved for Chase Freedom!

Very nice to hear your story!  Congrats to all the hard work you had to do to get the card.

Message 2 of 17
Nightfallx
New Contributor

what is your CL? 

in my wallet:
Amex Zync : NPSL (main card always pif)
Discover More: 6,500$ (no balance)
Chase Sapphire : 5000.00$ (no balance)
Citi Thank You Card backed by Amex 8,200$ (no balance)
Amex Blue Cash 21,000$
Best Buy Store Card : 5,700$ (I'm a nerd so used a lot)
Message 3 of 17
john398
Senior Contributor

Congrats, what is your limit?

Message 4 of 17
Guava
Established Contributor

Thanks for the congrats! I forgot to ask what my credit limit is, I was kinda over excited 

Message 5 of 17
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

Congrats, welcome to primeville

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 6 of 17
Nightfallx
New Contributor

just recall and ask lol.

in my wallet:
Amex Zync : NPSL (main card always pif)
Discover More: 6,500$ (no balance)
Chase Sapphire : 5000.00$ (no balance)
Citi Thank You Card backed by Amex 8,200$ (no balance)
Amex Blue Cash 21,000$
Best Buy Store Card : 5,700$ (I'm a nerd so used a lot)
Message 7 of 17
john398
Senior Contributor

the automated line should tell you

Chase: 800-436-7927 (App status - automated)

Message 8 of 17
CS800
Super Contributor

Congrats !!

What's you EX?

LEt us know about your CL. Do you know how many inqs you have?

Message 9 of 17
Guava
Established Contributor

My credit is $1000. From chase my EX is 671 (probably hurt substantially but erroneously from the dang "recent collection"). 

I believe I only have 1 inquiry on EX. That was in May of this year for the Amex Zync.

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.