Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Halfway to Nordstrom Visa upgrade

tag
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Halfway to Nordstrom Visa upgrade

My goal has always been to get the Visa Siggy from Nords. To get it, your CL must be at least $5k, and your EX score at least 700+ (as of recent information). 

Anyway, my CL was $4.5, and eligible to get a CLI after the 19th of this month, but called early to see if my acct was eligible now or did I need to wait. At first the manager was like...."why are you wanting an increase in your CL. You don't come close to using the line you have". For a second I thought I was talking to a Barclays rep, then I was a tad offended by her condescending attitude towards me. 

I merely replied, " I'm not going to spend thousands upon thousands every month with money I don't have, just to max out your CL to show max CL usage. I'm not a millionaire, and refuse to go into debt just use my CL to the max. I did just spend $1k last month at your Anniversary sale, and I use the card monthly and PIF. I would utilize the CL a lot more if it were the Visa". 

So she reluctlantly gave me $500 CLI to bring the CL to $5k. I then inquired about the upgrade, and was told that "their system is still undergoing changes, and they are unable to upgrade anyone at this time". I said, " really. Your computer changes were supposed to be done in June, then August, then September. It's now September . She says they don't have ETA on when the upgrade to Visa will be available and not sure if it will be this year". (Sighs)

So, anyway, no upgrade......yet.  But, will keep trying, and frankly their rewards program is awful for both store card and Visa card, but I'd rather cut my losses with getting this card back, and try to upgrade at some point. 

image.jpg

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Halfway to Nordstrom Visa upgrade

Congrats on inching up.

I've read dozens of your threads, and you always come across so sweet. This post, either a little mean or hardened veteran I can't figure it out.
Message 2 of 17
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Congrats on inching up.

I've read dozens of your threads, and you always come across so sweet. This post, either a little mean or hardened veteran I can't figure it out.

LOL..Dont waste your time to trying to figure it out Fordguy, lol....Lets just say I was "assertive".  I am a sweet person, just I also stick up for myself, and it someone comes at me with an attitude...they get it back.  You must not have been reading the right threads of mine, LOL..Smiley Wink

Message 3 of 17
wasCB14
Super Contributor

I'm not clear on what you mean by cutting your losses.

Is this "upgrade" an ego thing? A utilization thing?

You must have other cards with Visa Signature (which, IMO, is pretty meaningless to begin). How likely is it that you'll be in a situation where you want Visa Signature benefits (say, booking travel or buying electronics) and decide to go with your one VS card with lousy rewards, no special benefits (AFAIK), and continual IT problems?

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 4 of 17
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@wasCB14 wrote:

I'm not clear on what you mean by cutting your losses.

Is this "upgrade" an ego thing? A utilization thing?

You must have other cards with Visa Signature (which, IMO, is pretty meaningless to begin). How likely is it that you'll be in a situation where you want Visa Signature benefits (say, booking travel or buying electronics) and decide to go with your one VS card with lousy rewards, no special benefits (AFAIK), and continual IT problems?

let me see if I can "clear things up" for you.

1).  Most people that follow me on the forums know that I had a Nordstrom retail cc IIB in 2013, and "got it back" in early 2015. 

2).  Its neither an "ego" or "utilization" thing. Its a "im trying to eventually get down to only 1 or 2 store cards" kind of thing, as my rebuild continues and reports allow. 

3).  I do have other Visa Siggy cards

4).  Im not gonna get into debate on whether or not Visa Siggy cards are "worth it", or "meaningless". I suggest you start your own thread with that, and youll get lots of responses. 

5).  If I have the opportunity to upgrade a retail cc to a major, I will do it. 

Message 5 of 17
ddemari
Super Contributor

you have done very well with this card. You got it back through the EO i remember and was it a $500 start? Now your at 5,000.00 which is amaze!

I'm feeling October will be the month of luck with the Visa upgrade for you and me!

And I too would always want the visa over the store card and if its possible ill try and get it! 

Message 6 of 17
Discover2016
Valued Contributor

Way to go, hopefully you'll have a Visa Signature soon! Who issues Nord cards? Is it Citi?

Gardening until September 2025
Next app: Mortgage in September 2025
Message 7 of 17
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Discover2016 wrote:

Way to go, hopefully you'll have a Visa Signature soon! Who issues Nord cards? Is it Citi?

I hope so too! Thank you...

TD Bank is now the issuer/lender of both the store card and the Visa.  Unfortunately, as of now, there is only one Visa to be  able to upgrade too, and thats the Visa Siggy.  They dont have a plat version or whatever. 

Message 8 of 17
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@ddemari wrote:

you have done very well with this card. You got it back through the EO i remember and was it a $500 start? Now your at 5,000.00 which is amaze!

I'm feeling October will be the month of luck with the Visa upgrade for you and me!

And I too would always want the visa over the store card and if its possible ill try and get it! 

Youll get it before me D...youre scores are there, mine arent quite yet, so It might be a few months down the road for me. 

Yes, youre right on the History...it was a recon thru the EO for $500.  So, going from $500 to $5k in 1 yr-5mo isnt too shabby, considering this card was IIB Smiley Wink  Hopefully they allow upgrades soon.

Message 9 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!

How do you determine when your first CLI eligibility date is coming up? Is it 6 months from opening? I've had my card for a hot minute now and I'm trying to get it increased from $3k to $5k with an upgrade to a Siggy, but if it was that big of a deal to get a $500 increase I'm not sure if I actually want to bother.

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.