Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hallelujah! Cap1 CL combo SUCCESS!!

tag
ddemari
Super Contributor

Re: Hallelujah! Cap1 CL combo SUCCESS!!

Congrats!!! Those are amazing limits!!!!
Message 11 of 28
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Thank you everyone!! I was really excited when I saw all my acccounts up there, and I could combine! 2 days early too!! I didn't open my last round until 3/21, but they it was 3/19! Not complaining!! LOL..

Also, My Navy CC sits at $15k, and this last CLI with them, they matched my highest cap1 card at the time, which was also $15k. So, Im hoping in a yr or two, when I decide to try for a cli with navy, I get it increased somewhere from $19-$25K... that would awesome. But, I certainly don't expect it, and don't need it either.

Message 12 of 28
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@gdale6 wrote:

Good job combining the accounts, enjoy the nice 5 figure limits Smiley Happy

Thank you gdale! I like that my CC profile has slimmed down by 3 more cards!  Next year, Im looking at closing 10 store cards. Smiley Happy

Message 13 of 28
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@LadyJEsq wrote:

Congrats on your success!

Quick question: How did you end up with two QS and V cards? I've heard that some people have done this, but am curious how. I was just approved for one of each and am tempted to see if I could get both again (just for S&G).

After my first round of getting Venture and QS, ( its known to app for both back to back same time), I waited 45 days, and did it again. Thats how I got 2 of each Smiley Wink

Message 14 of 28
LadyJEsq
Established Contributor

Aha! So that's how it's done! I almost applied again right after I was approved because I was still prequal for them, but held steedy. I checked and I no longer prequal for them, per their site (I do on another), so I'll give it a minute (I just got my cards last week) and next time I do prequal maybe I'll pull the tirgger. Might be the only way to get a decent CLI with them (although I do have nice SL, but I just added my Mom to both cards and told her to pay her monthly bills and then pay me in cash, and I know this won't actually happened, so I just increased my spend ie my util %). In other words, I need a higher TCL and would rather NOT have to go with another CCC becuase I like both C1 and Disc (whom I'd like more if they increased my CL! Lol). 

Thanks so much for the tip and congrats again! 

**FICO 8 Scores EQ EX TU **

Message 15 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good job!

(I'll try not to be jealous that I can't even get a CLI on my piddly $4K QS.)

Message 16 of 28
tbque
Valued Contributor

Awesome, Congrats!

Message 17 of 28
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@pizza1 wrote:

First, I need to give props to my boys....MyJourney, Irish80, and Creditaddict.... For the countless emails back and forth regarding what to do!! Thank you! 

I decided that with my profile, having 2 cards with nice limits would look better than 1 with a huge limit. I can always change my mind in a few years and combine them into one card. For now, I'm happy with my decision..happy girl here!Smiley Happy 

I know everyone likes data points, so here's mine. I had 5 cards with them..

venture $15k

venture $13k

QS visa $10k

QSvisa $5k

QS1 MC $4k ( this use to be the plat w/ credit steps, then pc to QS1)

the 5 are now 2 with the limits below, and each has an 16.9% apr.  Smiley Happy

image.jpg

now that's pretty.

Message 18 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

I guess now the question is:

Can you apply for another Venture card for a 40k mile bonus again! ROFL. I just got done spending 150k miles in travel. I wouldn't mind merging all of my cards and doing it again!

Message 19 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

What a fantastic Success Pizza, congrats !!!

Message 20 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.