Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Happy Backdate day to ME!

tag
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

Re: Happy Backdate day to ME!

I work for a very large global company as well and my corp Amex has never reported, however they do A/R me.  I have had the card for 6 years and have ran some heavy charges on it due to travel, so I have to pay my own bill and then wait for reimbursement.  

Is a corp card considered an AU?

Did your corp acct report and if not, do you think this will make a difference for approval/backdating or not?

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 11 of 13
tcburks3

Congrats.  Not a big poster here but thought I would share something.  I applied and was approved for the AMEX Delta Gold Rewards.  When I got it it said member since 12.  Then I got the app bug and applied and was approved for the Hilton Honors card.  When I got it I noticed it said member since 86.  I called customer service for my gold card and asked if it would be possible to back date on that card.  Was surprised when the agent said she would be happy to backdate the card.  She also said that when you call in it actually populates in their computers your actual member since date and she said they must have just missed it on my Gold card.  She said it would be about 7-10 business days before I received my new cards (one for me and one for my wife).  I was surprised when I got an email saying they had been sent to me via UPS.  Received new cards two days later.  Loving the rewards. 

Message 12 of 13
amercnchopz34
Established Contributor

@bichonmom wrote:

Congrats! This forum is an amazing resource, for sure. Smiley Happy

Amex stopped backdating AUs, which they call additional cardholders and NOT members... so the member since date wouldn't apply since they don't consider that a member. Maybe as a cardholder on a corp card, you are considered a member. Or maybe they're relaxing their standards. In any case, it's great that your persistence paid off! Smiley Happy

p

I was a AU back in 1996 on a ex girlfriends account....looked at all my Amex accounts online and they said cardmember since 1996

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.