Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Happy Discover Shopping Today Guys!

tag
firesoul453
Contributor

Re: Happy Discover Shopping Today Guys!

@GoldenloveNY wrote:

I am so happy to go out and start shopping. So if I shop in a department store today, it will be 7% cashback?

Yes but the extra 2% is capped at $250

and remeber when you shop through shopdiscover, you don't get the 5% on top of the 5%.

My ultimate credit wish,
a JP Morgan Palladium card
Message 11 of 24
happyhome40
New Contributor

Fire, may I ask you where you got your information? I just spoke to a discover rep to make sure of the bonuses. I read your post then called. There isn't a $250 cap on the 2%, per the rep. Also, if I bought a Northface jacket with merchant CB of 10% , I would get 17% in essence. The 2%, the 10%, and the 5% from the category. If I'm being misinformed please let me know because then I can call discover and let them know their reps are putting out misinformation.

HH40

Message 12 of 24
Jlu
Established Contributor

@firesoul453 wrote:

@GoldenloveNY wrote:

I am so happy to go out and start shopping. So if I shop in a department store today, it will be 7% cashback?

and remeber when you shop through shopdiscover, you don't get the 5% on top of the 5%.

Based on 3 separate CSR contacts at Discover this is incorrect. You are able to stack 5% Cashback Bonus on top of x% ShopDiscover on top of 10/6's 2%. I triple checked before running out and blowing $1000 on a new Macbook.

AMEX BCP $35k | Citi Double Cash $30k | PenFed PlatRewards $25k | Barclaycard $40k | Chase Freedom $25k | BofA Cash Rewards $40K | US Bank Cash+ $4500 | Discover IT $25k | NASA Platinum-Advantage $40k | CapOne Quicksilver $15k | Amazon Card $10k | Ten years on myFICO from 510 to 780 scores
Message 13 of 24
firesoul453
Contributor

@Jlu wrote:

@firesoul453 wrote:

@GoldenloveNY wrote:

Based on 3 separate CSR contacts at Discover this is incorrect. You are able to stack 5% Cashback Bonus on top of x% ShopDiscover on top of 10/6's 2%. I triple checked before running out and blowing $1000 on a new Macbook.

I was definelty mistaken when I said $250, I think I was thinking about the last time.

But in the ShopDiscover Terms

it says

"Cardmembers who participate in a Cashback Bonus Program will receive the specified Cashback Bonus on ShopDiscover purchases made with your Discover Card in connection with these promotions during valid promotion dates in addition to your Cashback Bonus of up to 1% on each purchase."

I definetly hope am wrong though lol. and don't forget that the shopdiscover cashback will take longer to show up (if it doesn't show up at the end of the cycle)

My ultimate credit wish,
Message 14 of 24
LS2982
Mega Contributor

I passed, still salty with discover Smiley Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 15 of 24
SwampSystems
Frequent Contributor

I passed as well. Trying to show $0 statement balance this month, and it closes on the 10th. I know about push payments, but it still wouldn't get there in time.

Message 16 of 24
SoCalBound
Contributor

Think I am passing as well, I've debated back and forth and what I wanted to get, I'm just better off waiting for.  I might save discover for apple's black friday sale.

Zync NPSL, BCP ($2000), Chase United ($2000) Chase Amazon ($1500), Chase Freedom ($3000), Discover More ($2000), Paypal Extras ($5000), Citi Forward ($2000), Orchard $2000, Amazon ($5000)
Pre-App Scores: TU98 779, TU04 797, EQ 682, EX 788 (Amex) 8/12
Message 17 of 24
firesoul453
Contributor

Was going to pass, since discover is my lowest cl and I wanted to keep a utilization low, but ended up ordering a nexus 7 lol.

My ultimate credit wish,
Message 18 of 24
Pworld
Regular Contributor

Glad i saw this. I almost forgot!!

Picked up some shirts for work from the Ralph Lauren Store online. 5+5+5+2 on cash back bonus plus it was 25 percent off each shirt with a code on their site. plus free shipping. great dollar stretching today. 

Current EQ:809 EX: 808 TU:809

Amex Platinum/ NPSL | Amex Zync/NPSL | Amex Green/NPSL | AMEX BCP/18.1k | Chase Freedom/2.2K | Discover IT/10.9K | Amex HHonors Surpass/9K | Chase Hyatt/5k | Sapphire Preferred/13K | Ink Business Preferred/13K
Message 19 of 24
EandK23
Regular Contributor

Shopped at Macy's and online at WalMart! 

Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.