cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Happy day!!! FICO jumped big time...which card should I try for????

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Happy day!!! FICO jumped big time...which card should I try for????

I disputed a whole bunch of items about a month ago.  Maybe TU has removed some that EX hasn't yet?  Oh well, thanks for the advice anyway.

Message 11 of 35
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I disputed a whole bunch of items about a month ago.  Maybe TU has removed some that EX hasn't yet?  Oh well, thanks for the advice anyway.

Its possible.  You could always look for cards that pull TU

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 12 of 35
flowfaster
Established Contributor

Try for the Amex Zync.  easiest Amex to get. 

Amex BCP/BC/Zync - Amex Business GR - Barclays NFL Visa Sig 49ers/Arrival - BoA BBR - Cap 1 Quicksilver - Citi Forward/Preferred - Chase Amazon/Freedom/Ink Plus - Discover IT - Fidelity Amex - GECRB Amazon/Walmart - PenFed PRV - Target - USAA Amex - US Bank CASH+/Club Carlson
Message 13 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

@flowfaster wrote:

Try for the Amex Zync.  easiest Amex to get. 

But remember -- Amex pulls Experian!

Message 14 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

@webhopper wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Well, I pulled the trigger against my better judgment, and your advice!  Chase said they would notify me of their decision...they need further review.  Amex approved me for a $500 limit auto-debit.  Should I take it?

Message 15 of 35
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@webhopper wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Well, I pulled the trigger against my better judgment, and your advice!  Chase said they would notify me of their decision...they need further review.  Amex approved me for a $500 limit auto-debit.  Should I take it?

Yes!!!  Take it!!  Congrats!   Welcome to the Amex family Smiley Happy

FICO 9:

Message 16 of 35
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

The great thing about getting in the door with AMEX now, is that if you decide to add more of their products in the future, they will all read on your credit report as having been established in 2012, giving you some extra history for being an AMEX cardmember...   also, I've heard of people on this board having their hard limit AMEX Zync cards updated to No Pre-Set Spending Limit later on as their history with AMEX grows.

FICO 9:

Message 17 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

@webhopper wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@webhopper wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes!!!  Take it!!  Congrats!   Welcome to the Amex family Smiley Happy

I guess that was a stupid question!  Awesome!!!!!  This is great...you guys are like the old wise men of the village gladly dispensing their advice. 

So now that I have the $500 limit, I imagine Amex is better about CLI's than, say, Orchard Bank Smiley Wink

Message 18 of 35
adavis425
Established Contributor

@webhopper wrote:

The zync is a charge card....  My EX FICO was 693 when I applied for my AMEX and Chase card (I know this from my mortgage process, closed on a house in Jan)

I got my zync and amazon visa in Feb 12, with tons of inq.s related to the mortgage processing.  I had to do a recon with Chase, and they confirmed that these were mortgage inquiries, instead of Credit card application inquiries.  I have a judgement satisfied from 2007 that is reporting, and two collections from 2009 reporting, other than that I have a really thick credit file with a lot of accounts that are paid in full, always paid on time. I do have a 90 day late on a credit card from 2006 as well.  My credit file lists 39 tradelines and an AAoA of 6.5 yrs. my oldest account is 13.5 yrs

I would definately try for Chase and Amex, as they both pulled EX, and your file is very similar to mine...

If it helps anything, my EX Plus score was 727

The Amex Zync requires you to pay all of your charges in full by the due date... great for spending flexibility and for keeping you out of debt

Holy crap, 39 TLs!!  What are just some of them, if you don't mind? Mortgage, auto, CCs, they're expected, what would some of the others be? Am I in the minority with only 5 TLs?? 

AmEx Platinum | AmEx BCP | AmEx Delta Gold | CSP | Chase Freedom | NFCU cashRewards Visa Sig | NFCU Plat MC | WM MC | Discover it | JCP

Message 19 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

@webhopper wrote:

The great thing about getting in the door with AMEX now, is that if you decide to add more of their products in the future, they will all read on your credit report as having been established in 2012, giving you some extra history for being an AMEX cardmember...   also, I've heard of people on this board having their hard limit AMEX Zync cards updated to No Pre-Set Spending Limit later on as their history with AMEX grows.

I'm not afraid to say it, that's a darn pretty card too.

Message 20 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.