Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

Re: Hard Credit Inquiry

@ozjulian wrote:
How fast does credit inquires post?

I plan to app after midnight then apply for car loan the same day

they appear almost instantly since its all done by computers nowadays. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 2 of 12
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

@ozjulian wrote:

they appear almost instantly since its all done by computers nowadays. 

+1 

yeap they are instantaneous....  other lenders want to know you are looking for credit before they give you credit.

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 3 of 12
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Get the car loan in place first. The cards will continue to be here tomorrow!
Message 4 of 12
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@B335is wrote:
Get the car loan in place first. The cards will continue to be here tomorrow!

indeed , card offers will be back again :-)

edit: you don't want to have to pay more interest on an loan because you applied for an few cards before getting auto loan. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 5 of 12
s_haliz
Valued Contributor

@ozjulian wrote:

Here's the situation: 

If let say your CC provider do Hard Credit Inquiry from EX and your car provider chose to do from TU or EQ, car provider won't see the inquiry from EX. But nothing is guarantted, and if you are not lucky enough, both parties may pull from same credit agency...

I would go by what others had advised: Car loan first followed by CC. 

TU FICO 850 | EQ FICO 850 I EX FICO 850
Message 6 of 12
ozjulian
Contributor

I'm going to get car loan now.

I don't really need a card, I just miss the rush when you get approved. I know it sad.
Message 7 of 12
s_haliz
Valued Contributor

@ozjulian wrote:

I don't really need a card, I just miss the rush when you get approved. I know it sad.

Others may chime in......But actually I would wait about 1-2 months before applying CC after loan. That would actually help you since lender would see that you had car loan and you are making payment....I think it would boost score a bit....

Message 8 of 12
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@s_haliz wrote:

@ozjulian wrote:

Others may chime in......But actually I would wait about 1-2 months before applying CC after loan. That would actually help you since lender would see that you had car loan and you are making payment....I think it would boost score a bit....

actually true... I was approved for Chase after I got my car loan, I think the internal computer liked it! I had been denied a few months back.

Message 9 of 12
s_haliz
Valued Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@s_haliz wrote:

@ozjulian wrote:

actually true... I was approved for Chase after I got my car loan, I think the internal computer liked it! I had been denied a few months back.

Somewhere I read that variety of debt (CC, car loan, mortgage, etc.) increases your score vs. you had let say just CC debt. Lenders like to see how do you handle them. And if all of them are "paid as agreed" then you would increase your odd of approval and also low APR and high CL. 

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.