longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: Hard Credit Inquiry

@s_haliz wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@s_haliz wrote:

@ozjulian wrote:
I'm going to get car loan now.

I don't really need a card, I just miss the rush when you get approved. I know it sad.

Others may chime in......But actually I would wait about 1-2 months before applying CC after loan. That would actually help you since lender would see that you had car loan and you are making payment....I think it would boost score a bit....

actually true... I was approved for Chase after I got my car loan, I think the internal computer liked it! I had been denied a few months back.

Somewhere I read that variety of debt (CC, car loan, mortgage, etc.) increases your score vs. you had let say just CC debt. Lenders like to see how do you handle them. And if all of them are "paid as agreed" then you would increase your odd of approval and also low APR and high CL. 

You can read that on this site!   Mixture of loan types goes into Fico score, mainly credit, installment, mortgage, but there is a little extra boost for having both store and bank cards in the credit card type.

Message 11 of 12
ozjulian
Contributor

Re: Hard Credit Inquiry

I just closed on a houSe so my credit score is on an all time high.
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.