My current credit lines are:

Capital One - 15k

Discover - 14.5k

Chase - 7.5k

Chase - 2.25k

US Bank - 1.5k

Student Loans have about $11,000 to go.

What do you guys think?

If your recent INQs aren't on EX, I'd think you'd be fine.  With a 7 year AAoA and spotless reports and your current cards (Chase and Discover mean something to AMEX, they compete a little);   At 65k I think you'd have a very high chance of approval.  

Only question I'd have for you would be is the AF for the BCP worth it over the BCE for rewards?  I was chicken and just applied for the plain AMEX Blue (was told I could have had any of the Blues but could upgrade after 13 months without even so much as a soft pull if my reports remained consistent).

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 12 of 27
severine
Contributor

Re: Hard Inquiries and AMEX

FWIW I app'd and was approved for the Amex Gold Delta, PRG and BCP all within two weeks of having been approved for a Chase Freedom and Sappphire Preferred, so I don't think from the standpoint of recent inquiires there should be too much of a problem. I agree with the other posters that income is a key factor, and from what you've said, you should be fine.

Amex PR Gold NPSL | Amex BCP 16.5k| Amex Delta Gold Skymiles 14.9k | Amex BSP 5k | Discover 12.5k | Citi Diamond Preferred 11.9k | Chase Freedom 12k | Chase Sapphire Preferred 12k | US Bank Cash + Visa 13k | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Signature Visa 9.5k | M and T Bank Visa 10.9k | FICO TU 784 EQ 768 EX 784
Message 13 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

I went for it, applied, and got a "pending review."

Boo.

Message 14 of 27
CribDuchess
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I went for it, applied, and got a "pending review."

Boo.

You can check the status of your app here:  www.americanexpress.com/applicationstatus

A lot of times, you'll get the 7-10 day pending review message and then if you check the status online, you may see Approved.  I hope that's the case for you.  Good luck!!

FICOs: TU08 842 EQ08 850 EX08 850

My Wallet: Amex Gold NPSL; Amex Optima Platinum $25K; Amex BCE $12K; Apple Card $20K; BofA Travel Rewards Visa Sig $67.6K; Cap1 Quicksilver Visa Sig $10K; CSP $28.2K; Chase Freedom $13K; Chase Freedom Unlimited $21.4K; Citi Costco Visa $19.3K; Citi Double Cash $13.5K; Citi Simplicity Visa $23.3K; Discover IT $50K; Fidelity Visa $25K; NFCU Flagship Visa Sig $40K; NFCU More Rewards Amex $30K; PenFed Plat Rewards Visa Sig $50K; Sears MC $10.1K; US Bank Altitude Go Visa Sig $20K; US Bank Cash+ Visa Sig $26K; Wells Fargo Rewards Visa Sig $14K
Message 15 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh awesome - I got approved!! Thanks Smiley Happy

Can't wait to see what the limit is, though!

Message 16 of 27
CribDuchess
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Fantastic!!  Congratulations!  Smiley Happy  Just call them up, they will be happy to tell you your starting limit.  That's what I did when I got approved for mine.

FICOs: TU08 842 EQ08 850 EX08 850

My Wallet: Amex Gold NPSL; Amex Optima Platinum $25K; Amex BCE $12K; Apple Card $20K; BofA Travel Rewards Visa Sig $67.6K; Cap1 Quicksilver Visa Sig $10K; CSP $28.2K; Chase Freedom $13K; Chase Freedom Unlimited $21.4K; Citi Costco Visa $19.3K; Citi Double Cash $13.5K; Citi Simplicity Visa $23.3K; Discover IT $50K; Fidelity Visa $25K; NFCU Flagship Visa Sig $40K; NFCU More Rewards Amex $30K; PenFed Plat Rewards Visa Sig $50K; Sears MC $10.1K; US Bank Altitude Go Visa Sig $20K; US Bank Cash+ Visa Sig $26K; Wells Fargo Rewards Visa Sig $14K
Message 17 of 27
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats!!! Smiley Very Happy

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 18 of 27
SnackTrader
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Congratulations!  I bet the limit will be just fine given the limits on your other cards. 

Thanks for providing all of this info.  As someone who plans on applying for the BCP in January, I really appreciate knowing more about the situations of others with the BCP. 

In My Wallet: Amex BCP (12/12) $50,000, Chase Freedom (12/12) $16,500, Cap1 Quicksilver (6/12) $14,000, Barclaycard Rewards (5/13) $10,500, Citi Prestige (4/16) $30,000

Last App: June 27, 2015
Message 19 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SnackTrader wrote:

Thanks for providing all of this info.  As someone who plans on applying for the BCP in January, I really appreciate knowing more about the situations of others with the BCP. 

Sure no problem! I wish that this forum had individual threads for each card where people could put their profile and if they got approved or denied.

Also I called them - and got a limit of 15k. I'm ASTOUNDED.

Message 20 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.