Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hard Inquiry from Capital One

tag
kt1010
Valued Member

Hard Inquiry from Capital One

I applied for Capital One Platinum & QS1 in July. I was approved.  I received notification of 3 Hard Inquiries. Today I noticed that my platinum card is reporting now but QS1 isn't yet.  I also noticed they hard pulled my credit report again yesterday.  Do they normally hard pull again? If so why do they normally pull your report again?

Last App 12/15 Garden until 12/16 Capital One QS1 ($750) First Premier ($1.4k) Capital One QS ($750) VS Angel Card ($1.6k) Amazon ($700) Kohls ($500)

Starting Score 09/15: EQ 544 TU 590 EX 563
Current Score: EQ 583 TU 613 EX 598
Goal Score: 720 or better

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Open123
Super Contributor

Re: Hard Inquiry from Capital One

@kt1010 wrote:

I applied for Capital One Platinum & QS1 in July. I was approved.  I received notification of 3 Hard Inquiries. Today I noticed that my platinum card is reporting now but QS1 isn't yet.  I also noticed they hard pulled my credit report again yesterday.  Do they normally hard pull again? If so why do they normally pull your report again?

All things being equal, Cap One will initiate 3 HPs per application.  So, if you applied for two cards, the result will be 6 Hps, 2 on each CRA.

Message 2 of 4
LadyJEsq
Established Contributor

I really think it depends. I just applied to both QS and V and there was one HP on TU and two HPs on EQ. I'm not sure about EX, but it appears to me that one can't say for sure that they'll definitely pull your CRs X 2. Meaning a total of 6 HPs. 

**FICO 8 Scores EQ EX TU **

Message 3 of 4
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@kt1010 wrote:

I think I would give them a call to see if something was wrong. 

It's one thing to get multiple sets of HPs at the time of application, but waiting a couple of months for an extra HP doesn't sound right to me.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.