cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hard Pull for Navy Federal Credit Limit Increase?

tag
jmc912
Valued Member

Hard Pull for Navy Federal Credit Limit Increase?

Does anyone know if Navy Federal does a hard pull for a CL increase?

Also when I go to apply online for a CL increase it tells me to put in an amount... Current limit is $7,000... Any suggestions for what to request so I don't get denied? Is doubling that too much to ask?

The account will be a year old in June... Should I wait until I hit the 1 year mark? I pay it off in full every month typically between $1,000-$5,000 every month. I've charged about $40,000 to it since I opened it 

Message 1 of 45
44 REPLIES 44
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

Re: Hard Pull for Navy Federal Credit Limit Increase?

You can never tell with Navy.  Sometimes its a hp and sometimes its a sp.  You just gotta go for it.  But from what you've said you will get approved.  

I got my card in December.  My credit line went like this: 2K, 5K, 7500K, 10K, 15K.  All of them except for one was an sp and its only been 4 months.

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 2 of 45
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

Here's a thread that will give you some inspiration to hit the luv button:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/well-well-NFCU-you-love-me/td-p/2085959

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 3 of 45
jmc912
Valued Member

Hmmm now I'm intrigued by that post. Thanks!

Am I reading right that I should login and request $500 or $1,000 increase and just keep repeating until they say no? 

Message 4 of 45
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

Well since you've had the card for so long I would go for $10K immediately.  If its instant then maybe $3K and $2K...something like that.  But it just depends on what you want your limit to be.  I just don't see you having a problem at all.  At least from what I've seen on this board.  

One guy, dodgeball did it so many times over so many days with sp's that I was afraid he was going to take all of the money away...LOL!

Do a search on him and you will find that thread....it is hilarious but he did it so I followed up right behind him.  

Now if you get a 3-5 message, don't worry at all because all they are going to do is manually review you which will result in an HP.  If you put in an amount and they counter then that is an sp, so take that offer and stop because that is your limit without an hp.

Message 5 of 45
jmc912
Valued Member

I couldn't wait any longer haha so I just went for it and instantly got approved for $15k.... I'm assuming if it's instant it's only a soft pull and the 3-5 day message is for a hard pull?

Message 6 of 45
dodfire
Valued Contributor

Congrats.....and yes if it was instant....SP

*8/10/13
Message 7 of 45
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

Woohooo!!! Congrats!!

Now wasn't that easy? 

Message 8 of 45
jmc912
Valued Member

So easy... and so tempted to do it again hah Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 45
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

@jmc912 wrote:

So easy... and so tempted to do it again hah Smiley Happy

Go for it!  I couldn't stand the temptation either!

Message 10 of 45
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.