cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hard Pull for Navy Federal Credit Limit Increase?

tag
madmann26
Valued Contributor

Re: Hard Pull for Navy Federal Credit Limit Increase?

Lolololol Rhaeny!

Congrats! !!

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 21 of 45
CashOnDelivery
Established Contributor

@Rhaeny wrote:

Okay I'm done! I just went in and upped it to $20K.  I can't read anymore of these types of threads.  I must be done now...LOL!!!

But at least I get to stay in the garden!

Add the NFCU giving tree in your garden!

2010: 475 EQ 2011: 503 EQ 2012: 600 EQ2013:632 EQ
Starting Score: 634 EQ-3/13/13
Current Score: 706 EQ-8/29/13 703 EX-7/12/13 705 TU-8/9/13
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 22 of 45
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

@CashOnDelivery wrote:

Based what I've been reading lately, the earliest age of account was 4 months for CLI. I'm not sure if anybody has had sucess fewer than 4 months.

You might be on to something there.  Before the 4 months were up I got an HP, but after that it was all SP's.  Not sure if that is just coincidence or what but in the absence of a confirmed answer, I tend to agree with you said.

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 23 of 45
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@jmc912 wrote:

Okay just pulled the trigger again... I tried for 20 but they countered for 17 instant... I'm cool with that!! Another 10k in credit in an hour...

I love NFCU!!! 

CONGRATS!!!

Good lawd!!! Ya'll got the newcomers blowing up the luv button now!!Smiley Very Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 24 of 45
cynthiatoy3

I have been reading this forum about how navy federal will increase your credit limit.  So I decided to try myself.  I started with $1,000 credit limit for nRewards visa.  So this is how it went over maybe 10 days.  The increase was $3,000, $5,000, $7,000, $10,000.  I just applied for an increase of $15,000 and recieved the 3-5 day letter response.  I am assuming that $10,000 is my limit for now.  I could not believe it everytime it went up.  I read so many post here and found the courage to apply.  Now if I see any of my credit cards with the CL I am tempted to apply but I have not so far it has just been Navy.  Oh how can I forget when my CL reached $7,000 I decided to apply for a personal loan for $5,000 and got that too.  So if you are thinking about increasing your credit with navy or apply for a loan then give them a try.

Starting Score: 583
Current Score: 636

Message 25 of 45
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Congrats but more reason to always just ask for $25k on navy cli and the system will counter your at the time max so you don't go back 4 times and then end up with a hp.
Message 26 of 45
Eyisila
Frequent Contributor

So if you hit the button and get a 3-5 message or whatever, is that a HP?

Also, is it better to wait at least 3 - 4 months or ya think I can get something now, it's been 2 Smiley Very Happy

Message 27 of 45
cynthiatoy3

Thanks for the tip!  I have been getting all my information from this forum!

Starting Score: 583
Current Score: 636

Message 28 of 45
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

@Eyisila wrote:

So if you hit the button and get a 3-5 message or whatever, is that a HP?

Also, is it better to wait at least 3 - 4 months or ya think I can get something now, it's been 2 Smiley Very Happy

Yea a 3-5 day message is an HP, but you're bound to get one anyway.

I've read that some people have gotten them in a much shorter period than 3 or 4 months.  For me I was waiting for my utilization to go down and an old baddie to drop off.  So 4 months it was for me.

So just remember this in regards to an SP, go for $25K on your first try and they will either counter you or give you the $25K.  Either way you stop right there because that is all that you will get without an HP.

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 29 of 45
katrina0808
New Visitor

I was reading some post and decided to increase my limit to $5k and I was approved. I got the itch to do it again and they wanted me to call. Should I have waited an hour or couple days?

Message 30 of 45
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.