cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hard Pull for Navy Federal Credit Limit Increase?

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Hard Pull for Navy Federal Credit Limit Increase?

@raydmercer2345 wrote:

Hi Everyone! I just signed up with NFCU and applied for cashREwards the same day. I got the 3-5 day message but called in the next day and was approved for 20k. I am contemplating applying for another card (Nrewards or platinum card). Do you know if they will do another hard pull if I just got approved for the cash rewards 2 days ago, or can they use the same pull they did for the cashRewards? What are my chances of getting approved for another card within 2 days of applying for the first? 710 EQ FICO and 730 Transunion FICO 65k income. Thanks!

HP for each app.

they seem to be sticklers more and more on 2nd cards these days although some have recently been offered the platinum as 2nd card right after getting approved for one of the others... worse case if denied you can move $1k of your new cashrewards limit over to open the 2nd card and then in future hopefully grab sp cli.

Message 41 of 45
raydmercer2345
Regular Contributor

Thanks creditaddict! If I do decide to apply in the next couple of days, do you know if they use they can use the same credit report/HP that they did for the cashRewards or will they do a totally new HP? Does time in between applications have anything to do with it? Thanks again!

Message 42 of 45
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@raydmercer2345 wrote:

Thanks creditaddict! If I do decide to apply in the next couple of days, do you know if they use they can use the same credit report/HP that they did for the cashRewards or will they do a totally new HP? Does time in between applications have anything to do with it? Thanks again!

HP for each app. (period)

Message 43 of 45
raydmercer2345
Regular Contributor

Ouch! When I applied for membership they pulled equifax and transunion. Then pulled transunion for credit card app and waiting to see if they pulled equifax for credit card app also. (im pretty sure they will) Guess I cant complain too much since they gave me the 20k right off the bat.

Message 44 of 45
Scupra
Super Contributor

They HP'd TU and EQ for membership? That's unusual, even for HP happy navy!
Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 45 of 45
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.