Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hard inq on TU from UMB

tag
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Hard inq on TU from UMB

I am surprised to see a hard inq on my TU today. I had UMB card for last 3 months. Not sure why they pulled hard inq on my TU. Those of you with UMB Cards did UMB did a hard inq on your CR after having the card for few months?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Re: Hard inq on TU from UMB

@Red1Blue wrote:
I am surprised to see a hard inq on my TU today. I had UMB card for last 3 months. Not sure why they pulled hard inq on my TU. Those of you with UMB Cards did UMB did a hard inq on your CR after having the card for few months?

Was this the first hard INQ or a second one? If it was the second I would be going through the roof and demanding a recode. Even a first hard after three months is pretty sketchy unless they gave you the card on spec and are just catching up with the paperwork.
Message 2 of 5
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

@creditwherecreditisdue wrote:
Was this the first hard INQ or a second one? If it was the second I would be going through the roof and demanding a recode. Even a first hard after three months is pretty sketchy unless they gave you the card on spec and are just catching up with the paperwork.

They pulled hard inq about 3 months ago when they approved the card. This is second hard inq. I am not sure what the reason is. I thought for normal account review they would do soft inq.

Message 3 of 5
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

concorduser wrote:

creditwherecreditisdue wrote:

They pulled hard inq about 3 months ago when they approved the card. This is second hard inq. I am not sure what the reason is. I thought for normal account review they would do soft inq.

Has to be a miscode done by someone who does not know what they are doing. This needs to be pursued vigorously.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

what is UMB? thank you
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.