Super Contributor
concorduser

Hard inq on TU from UMB

I am surprised to see a hard inq on my TU today. I had UMB card for last 3 months. Not sure why they pulled hard inq on my TU. Those of you with UMB Cards did UMB did a hard inq on your CR after having the card for few months?
Senior Contributor
creditwherecreditisdue

Re: Hard inq on TU from UMB

concorduser wrote:
I am surprised to see a hard inq on my TU today. I had UMB card for last 3 months. Not sure why they pulled hard inq on my TU. Those of you with UMB Cards did UMB did a hard inq on your CR after having the card for few months?

Was this the first hard INQ or a second one? If it was the second I would be going through the roof and demanding a recode. Even a first hard after three months is pretty sketchy unless they gave you the card on spec and are just catching up with the paperwork.
Super Contributor
concorduser

creditwherecreditisdue wrote:
Was this the first hard INQ or a second one? If it was the second I would be going through the roof and demanding a recode. Even a first hard after three months is pretty sketchy unless they gave you the card on spec and are just catching up with the paperwork.

They pulled hard inq about 3 months ago when they approved the card. This is second hard inq. I am not sure what the reason is. I thought for normal account review they would do soft inq.

Senior Contributor
creditwherecreditisdue

concorduser wrote:

creditwherecreditisdue wrote:

They pulled hard inq about 3 months ago when they approved the card. This is second hard inq. I am not sure what the reason is. I thought for normal account review they would do soft inq.

Has to be a miscode done by someone who does not know what they are doing. This needs to be pursued vigorously.

Contributor
TLx

what is UMB? thank you

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+