New Contributor
pats23

Hard inquires

My question is when applying for new credit, do you want to wait 2 years for them to completly fall off, or is one year okay?

$4000----------- $5000------------$15000-------------$3500-------------NPSL----------$2500------------$5000----------$10000--------$5000
Established Contributor
scenery_guy

Re: Hard inquires

pats23 wrote:

My question is when applying for new credit, do you want to wait 2 years for them to completely fall off, or is one year okay?

Depends on your situation and what kind of new credit (credit card, auto loan or mortgage) but if it's card related one year is plenty. Sometimes 6 months is fine with higher score and solid income. I have had luck with 3 months between applications to as little as 6 weeks between them as well. So it's pretty much YMMV (your mileage may vary). 

Good luck!

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}