Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hard inquiries?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hard inquiries?

I have been recently thinking about getting an AMEX green card. I had one 8 years ago, going to see if I can just reopen it and keep the history. They send me apps seems like every week. My question is how long is a hard inquiry on your cr for, how much will it drop my score if I haven't applied for any credit for 2 years, and what cb do they pull?

Thanks

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Marvintran
Regular Contributor

Re: Hard inquiries?

Amex pulls EX most of the time, as far as how much your score will change just for one

Ing? I'm not sure it really depends on how much you have already and other factors.

From what I see here people said the green and delta are the easiest cards to get

from Amex.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex pulls EX and will allow you to get the history back to the date you originally opened the account.

I wouldn't worry much about the inquiry. It will only cost you a few points. Fico stops counting it in scoring after a year and it falls off reports completely in 2 years.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi rjf78,  Amex pulled EQ in my case over 2 yrs a go.

Inq on your report ... as stef37 said.  It stays on for 2 yrs.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.