cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hard nuts to crack-who should I target?

tag
Cdnewmanpac
Established Contributor

Re: Hard nuts to crack-who should I target?

If you are looking for a rewards card that will tell you your credit is truly excellent, US Bank Cash +. 

As far as I can tell, Citi Thank You Premier continues to have pretty strict underwriting and can really work well for the right person. 

Others set their sights on PenFed, especially if you drive a lot.

I still think the CSP is the best all around domestic travel/entertainment card on the market and is the only card I wish I had. But it isn't as hard to get as any of the three I just listed. 

You could also go after a world elite mastercard. There are a few you can buy outright (Citi AA Executive), but most you have to get the world mastercard and then earn promotion to WEMC. Though this probably reflects more on your spending pattern than overall credit once you have the original card. 

Or you could set your sights on getting the kind of targeted offers bribro gets. That doesn't even cost you an inquiry. I'll know I'm where I want to be when I get the pre-approved offers my wife and sister get, the targeted amex offers bribro gets and the starting limits CreditScholar gets. And it won't cost me a thing.

Best of luck.

In wallet: Ink Plus 10k, AMEX TE 25k. In bag: CSP 16k, USAA WMC 15k, Hyatt 13k, United MPE 12k, AMEX HHonors 3k. In SD: Cap 1 QS 5k, Discover IT 7k. FICO 08 says my EQ is now 844, was 510 in 2010.
Message 11 of 12
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

Re: Hard nuts to crack-who should I target?

Thanks for info.  I need to read up some more on Signature Visa and World Mastercards and compare them to higher end AMEX charge card and see which one is best for me.  Right now I'm rotating all my spending on my various cards to maximize my relationship with the CC lender.  Not really worried right now about points, rewards and the like.  Just trying to show good usage and on-time payments.  I have time to do the research but needed to make sure I was looking into the right items.

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.