Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hard pull/Soft pull

tag
annielorie
Valued Contributor

Hard pull/Soft pull

Is there a difference in what a creditor sees on your reports if they do a soft as oppossed to a hard. For instant response. The reason I ask is Hertz pulled hard twice on EQ  for a car rental/ not sale.  The rep told me they just check identifying factors name address etc. in process of fighting this due to misrepresentation and that they did it twice in 4 daYS .After finally getting respomse from them going back 3 emails 2 calls and one certified letter later the lady rep said nothing she could do.blah blah blah.  Although they feel they have a permissible purpose I signed nothing about running credit.  The rep at Hertz completly misrepresented the credit check.  I now look like Ive been trying for credit they sell cars also. Anyone have any ideas who I should write next.  I am not letting this drop it is toatlly principle!!!By the way she claimed at first she is the boss i said who is above you reluctantly she gave me a name and was disgusted the entire phone convo.  I also want to ask who I should write to in NJ state reguarding this as I believe it is the most bull reason to do a hard pull.  Please anyone ???

Starting Score: 0
Current Score: TR??FICOEQ ?? FICO
Goal Score: 760

Lowes7,000 Discover More 2800. Jcpenny 6,000
Chase freedom 800 Never take NO for an answer!!
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Hard pull/Soft pull

@annielorie Have you tried disputing the INQ's directly with the bureaus.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 8
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Unfortunately it is common practice with car rental agencies to pull your credit when you are renting a car with a debit card.    It's too bad that they didn't explain this ahead of time, hopefully they can resolve it for you.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 3 of 8
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@pizzadude +1

Should be just 1 INQ though.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 4 of 8
annielorie
Valued Contributor

They did tell me they would pull credit I practically interogated the rep. at the time of rental. Her answer was verbatum:" we only look to see name address and like the debit card having same address. Its not like when you get a mortgage or car loan"  Had a problem with the enterprise manager on new years eve he was subsequently fired  the only reason I could not use cc My big first premier is because of that clown he charged my bank caRD AND credit card and noonw could do anythingHOLIDAY friday at like 5:50PM thEN Claimed I was on a do not rent list because of a late payment (lies) he actually lied that is how he lost his job.  Thats how I went to Hertz.  LS I rent only on weekends like 3-4 days so when I went back to Hertz a location a few miles from first he said its not attached to your card yet just call customer service this has happened before and they can help you 2 days later ran my report to see two hard pulls I almost threw up!!!  If I make this my lifes mission I am gonna find a way to make sure they dont pull this bull crud with anyone else.  I here people talk about contacting the attorney general all the time would this be advisable once I wsend a letter to ceo and the head of the rental divisions.  I forgot to mention my father is a lawyer in New York State.  But I really Want to do this myself but if all else fails DAD!

Message 5 of 8
annielorie
Valued Contributor

Any mods out there with any ideas??

Message 6 of 8
annielorie
Valued Contributor

bump anyone any ideas

Message 7 of 8
Brian_Trying_700
Frequent Contributor

Dispute it to the 3 ex,ep,tu. If it dont come off you report after 30 days write a letter to the BBB or federal trade comission. Start small first.

Garden mode till 11/19/2013 Amex Zync 500 H-L I Discover More 1750 I Capital One Rewards 1750 I Barclay Apple 1500 I Macys 2000 I Orchard 400 I Walmart 2000 I Chase Freedom 1500 I Lowes 1K l Barclay NFL 1K l Wright Express gas 2500 l PayPal Debit MasterCard BusinessCard $ ?
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.