Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hard work is finally paying off!!!!

tag
unlucky_hove
Regular Contributor

Hard work is finally paying off!!!!

Last week I was notified by scorewatch that my FICO had increased. I logged in immediately and to my surprise my score jumped from 620 to 668. Initially I was going to garden a few more months, but I thought to myself  "What the hell, this is what you been working for." Earlier this week I apped for the USAA cash rewards visa and was approved for 3k. Then after years of trying to get my foot in the door with Discover, I was finally accepted today! Just approved for the Discover More card, interest rate and CL is not the best but Im ok with it. It was a long, tough road for me rebuilding my credit, but I am now able to reap the benefits. Who is happy? THIS GUY!!!Smiley Very Happy

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Hard work is finally paying off!!!!

A big congrats to you! It feels great doesn't it?

Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Your news is SO encouraging!  It helps the rest of us who are still doing the hard work know that one day it will be worth it all. 

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Message 3 of 13
Elated
Contributor

Congrats to you Unlucky...it definitely appears as though your luck has changed.

As another poster posted...this is a great motivator for the rest of us who are rebuilding!Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 13
CS800
Super Contributor

Congrats !!

I know its a great feeling Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 13
jasimae
Frequent Contributor

That's awesome.  Congrats!  So can we assume that you have no baddies on any of your reports?

Message 6 of 13
FloridaState12
Established Contributor

Congrats!! I know the feeling. I was finally able to get into that upper-echelon of credit cards with my recent AMEX and Citi cards. Finally upgrading from those crap beginner cards feels amazing!

Photobucket
Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

congrats! Smiley Very Happy

always great to hear about people's successes.

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Big CONGRATS!

It is always a great feeling getting the cards you actually want. Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 13
unlucky_hove
Regular Contributor

@jasimae wrote:

That's awesome.  Congrats!  So can we assume that you have no baddies on any of your reports?

Thanks everyone!

I do have a few baddies left on my reports. I have a BOA charge off and two paid collections from a cable company showing, all due to drop off 8/12. I also have two 30 day lates showing from a car loan three years ago and on TU, EX only I have a paid judgement showing (from BOA charge off) due to drop 9/15. USAA only pulled EQ, but I received a secured Amex with them in June so that probably factored into getting the CC with them. I have no idea how I was approved for the Discover, maybe because my baddies are really old, Discover pulled EQ and TU. In 2006 my FICO was 490, now im sitting at 668, knocking at 700's door!!

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.