Reply
Valued Contributor
tntexans72
Posts: 1,071
Registered: ‎04-24-2008
0

Re: Hardest Credit Cards to Get?


Quietly wrote:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Centurion_Card

 

"The Centurion card is invitation-only, granted after extremely strict net worth, credit, and spending criteria are met.

American Express does not publicly disclose the requirements for getting a card."


I have a friend and his father has this card. Put him on as an AU.

He tends to talk but he said they purchased $750,000 plus of merchandise each year through the card and his net worth is well in seven figures.

Valued Contributor
vish1
Posts: 1,129
Registered: ‎01-20-2011
0

Re: Hardest Credit Cards to Get?

I know there are some people around here who want to know more... so...

http://www.quicksprout.com/2008/01/02/american-express-centurion-once-you-go-black-you-never-go-back...

 

Amex PRG | BoA Cash rewards 35K | BoA Cash rewards 7K | Citi AAdvantage 15 K | Chase Sapphire Preferred 11 K | Chase Freedom 10k | Chase United 5 K | Chase Southwest 5K | Chase Airtran 6.4K | Discover IT 8K | Barclays US Airways 7.8 K | DCU 3 K | US Bank Flex Perks 8K | Toys r US 6 K | JC Penney 4.6 K | Macy's 1200 | Kohl's 600
Ex Fico: 762 (PSECU)
EQ Fico: 764 (DCU)
TX Fico: 773 (Discover)
Mega Contributor
LS2982
Posts: 15,434
Registered: ‎04-09-2011
0

Re: Hardest Credit Cards to Get?

Thats just a crazy card to have.I'll stick with the middle-class cards :smileyvery-happy:


vish1 wrote:

I know there are some people around here who want to know more... so...

http://www.quicksprout.com/2008/01/02/american-express-centurion-once-you-go-black-you-never-go-back...

 


 




Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
EX (PLUS) 583 EQ FICO 565 TU FICO 590 3/15/2011 / Goal Scores: 720
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014
Valued Contributor
vish1
Posts: 1,129
Registered: ‎01-20-2011
0

Re: Hardest Credit Cards to Get?

 


LS2982 wrote:

Thats just a crazy card to have.I'll stick with the middle-class cards :smileyvery-happy:


vish1 wrote:

I know there are some people around here who want to know more... so...

http://www.quicksprout.com/2008/01/02/american-express-centurion-once-you-go-black-you-never-go-back...

 


 


 

I agree with you. Like you, I will also stick with middle-class cards.

 

This said, I will stop short of saying that centurion is a crazy card to have. Perceptions do change with status. If I or you were rich enough to drive a ferrari and rent islands, we will probably like the card. Most interstingly, we won't be posting on this forum.

Amex PRG | BoA Cash rewards 35K | BoA Cash rewards 7K | Citi AAdvantage 15 K | Chase Sapphire Preferred 11 K | Chase Freedom 10k | Chase United 5 K | Chase Southwest 5K | Chase Airtran 6.4K | Discover IT 8K | Barclays US Airways 7.8 K | DCU 3 K | US Bank Flex Perks 8K | Toys r US 6 K | JC Penney 4.6 K | Macy's 1200 | Kohl's 600
Ex Fico: 762 (PSECU)
EQ Fico: 764 (DCU)
TX Fico: 773 (Discover)
Mega Contributor
LS2982
Posts: 15,434
Registered: ‎04-09-2011
0

Re: Hardest Credit Cards to Get?

 


vish1 wrote:

 


LS2982 wrote:

Thats just a crazy card to have.I'll stick with the middle-class cards :smileyvery-happy:


vish1 wrote:

I know there are some people around here who want to know more... so...

http://www.quicksprout.com/2008/01/02/american-express-centurion-once-you-go-black-you-never-go-back...

 


 


 

I agree with you. Like you, I will also stick with middle-class cards.

 

This said, I will stop short of saying that centurion is a crazy card to have. Perceptions do change with status. If I or you were rich enough to drive a ferrari and rent islands, we will probably like the card. Most interstingly, we won't be posting on this forum.


Agreed. That's the card your racking bills up in your dreams :smileyvery-happy:

 




Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
EX (PLUS) 583 EQ FICO 565 TU FICO 590 3/15/2011 / Goal Scores: 720
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014
Regular Contributor
creditguy-378
Posts: 191
Registered: ‎03-23-2011
0

Re: Hardest Credit Cards to Get?

penfed amex discover bofa and some of the citi cards(like diners club mc)

always use credit wisely and you won't ever feel like you're working just for the task master
Regular Contributor
creditguy-378
Posts: 191
Registered: ‎03-23-2011
0

Re: Hardest Credit Cards to Get?

and of course the black card from amex and the pladium card from chase must have 30mil total relationship with them to apply

always use credit wisely and you won't ever feel like you're working just for the task master
Member
Lightn
Posts: 42
Registered: ‎04-16-2011
0

Re: Hardest Credit Cards to Get?

For myself it was my new Citi card.. was denied once and had to recon for 500 bucks... lame.. only other harder card was my local CU.. they are just strict.
4/11 EX: 715 - 4/19 EQ: 684 - 4/11 TU: 724
Discover More ($5000), Costco TrueEarnings Amex ($1200)
Columbia Credit Union Platinum Preferred Visa ($1000)
Citi Dividend Platinum Select MasterCard ($500)
Valued Contributor
vish1
Posts: 1,129
Registered: ‎01-20-2011
0

Re: Hardest Credit Cards to Get?

 


creditguy-378 wrote:

and of course the black card from amex and the pladium card from chase must have 30mil total relationship with them to apply


I am sure you know that centurion is the black card. AFAIK, Amex has never specified the requirements for the black card.

 

Amex PRG | BoA Cash rewards 35K | BoA Cash rewards 7K | Citi AAdvantage 15 K | Chase Sapphire Preferred 11 K | Chase Freedom 10k | Chase United 5 K | Chase Southwest 5K | Chase Airtran 6.4K | Discover IT 8K | Barclays US Airways 7.8 K | DCU 3 K | US Bank Flex Perks 8K | Toys r US 6 K | JC Penney 4.6 K | Macy's 1200 | Kohl's 600
Ex Fico: 762 (PSECU)
EQ Fico: 764 (DCU)
TX Fico: 773 (Discover)
Valued Contributor
scottwagnon
Posts: 1,350
Registered: ‎02-07-2010
0

Re: Hardest Credit Cards to Get?

bbva compass, penfed, umb, i don't know but i have always wondered. i hear it is discover more, but it is all to unclear. of course i dont consider cards of af, so i count them out.

 

so i would guess some visa signature cards, and some world mastercards without the af, nordstrom signature visa for one; i keep hearing their low apr no af makes them harder to obtain. wells fargo visa is harder to obtain from what i hear. iberia platinum i think too. i am going for that card next year.

 

i believe simmons visa is the hardest non af card to obtain. they have ridiculous requirements such as you must have full time employment to be approved. and then they give you small limits like capital one or hsbc. but the low limits makes this card rather pointless in my opinion to obtain.

EX BankCard 8 FICO 820 (250-900) 04/08/14
TU FICO 806 (350-850) 04/10/14
EX VT 3.0 805 (300-850) TU VT 2.0 891 (501-990)
Credit.com score 798 (300 - 850) TU transrisk 772
card line up here: http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/How-Many-Credit-Cards-Do-YOU-have/m-p/1034512#M290859

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}