Regular Contributor
IrishPM

Harley Davidson Chrome Rewards Visa

I was invited to apply for this card (US Bank) through a promotion through Harley Davidson. What a waste of an inquiry. I received the 7-10 day note after applying online and then received an email from them telling me that I was declined and a letter will be sent to me stating the reason for the decline. They pulled Equifax.

I was curious about why I was turned down for the card with a FICO score of 714 (Equifax). No lates, no collections, 1 installment loan with low balance, 3 credit cards reporting all in the good standing with utilization at 1%, no bankruptcy, no liens...the only thing I can figure is too many inquiries. I have 4 recent inquiries (BMW financial pulled twice within 3 days, Citi pulled once for a request for CL increase and a tenant screener pulled once because I'm moving). I have a total of 6 inquiries about 1 year old and 2 inquiries coming up on the 2 year mark about mid-December and will fall off.

I called US Bank today for a recon and was able to get them to resubmit with the additional information and explanations of the number of inquiries in my Equifax report. We'll see if that works.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}