cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has AMEX ever product changed a points reward card to a blue cash card?

tag
DU556
Regular Contributor

Has AMEX ever product changed a points reward card to a blue cash card?

chatted with about 4 different reps and even called in and no luck. ive been trying to get my everyday point card PC to blue cash everyday with no luck. some here have told me just to apply but before i do anything i want to see if i should keep bugging them about it.
they keep telling me they cant because its a different rewards category. they offered me the everyday preffered card but the annual fee kills it for me.
Has anyone ever been successful in converting their points card into a blue cash card? if i cant get them to PC, my amex card might have to stay home with the socks.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

Re: Has AMEX ever product changed a points reward card to a blue cash card?

They do not do it. Just like personal credit limit can be moved to business, but not back. And donor cards must be of certain age. It is their policies. Tis why I went for a blue first.
Signature needs updating
Message 2 of 4
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Not that I'm aware of.  You can certainly take a look at prior discussions.  Carefully consider your apps in future.

Message 3 of 4
DU556
Regular Contributor

Live and learn. Next time I'll look into how much their points are actually worth. Oh well, looks like this won't be primary card.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.