cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has ANYONE ever been approved after the dreaded we need more time?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Has ANYONE ever been approved after the dreaded we need more time?

The times that I've received this message I have not ever been approved. Whenever I have been approved, it was always instantaneous.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Has ANYONE ever been approved after the dreaded we need more time?

Yes.

I applied for 5 store cards from GEMB in the same day.

On my last application I was declined. A week goes by and I don't get a letter. I decide to call in and I'm told that I have not been declined, but I need to be transferred to another department. AKA the fraud department. I was transferred to a nice lady who wanted to confirm my identity via public records info. These creepy records knew where I lived as a 10 year old. Anyway, I was approved for the card (JC Penney) and was told it will arrive shortly.

Message 2 of 6
LilloEsquilo
Contributor

I don't know whether to congratulate you, or cringe because of how creepy that really is. Can you say "Big Brother is watching us?" I thought you could. 1984 may not be here, but it's close enough for rock n roll.

FICOS 2/2012 EQ: 763 TU: 761 EX: 746 (1/2012 EX)
Cards: Associated Bank Visa 9000, Paypal Mastercard 3000, Amazon Store card 1100, Barclays Apple Financing 2500, Cap One Rewards Mastercard 3000
Message 3 of 6
stan_the_man
Established Contributor

Citibank need to do an address verification for me, both PSECU and USA Fed wanted blood from me (I mean W2s tax returns and pay stubs) and DW before they approved apps, and I've received similar messages from Amex when I didn't receive an instant (60 second) approval.

Message 4 of 6
clocktick
Valued Contributor

My last Amex said that but I ended up being approved.  Chase stated that and I was declined, but then approved with a recon.  My last Citi app stated that and I had to call in, but I ended up being approved.  It definitely does happen.  Some just want to verify your identity.

11/30/08 TU 648 EX 672 EQ 656 SEPT 2014 TU 787 EX 789 EQ ???
Amex BCP $24.1K/Clear $8.5- Sallie Mae $27.5 -Cap One QS $7.5 - Chase Freedom $7.5/United $5k/CSP $20k/Ink- Citi DP $9.5/Dividend $13k/HHHx2 $15k/16.4/Reserve $4.5k Best Buy $1940 HD $1701- Discover IT $15k - Elan $8k GEMB Lowes $20k - Macy's $2k - Kohl's $800

Starting Score: 648
Current Score: 736
Goal Score: 765

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 5 of 6
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes.

I applied for 5 store cards from GEMB in the same day.

On my last application I was declined. A week goes by and I don't get a letter. I decide to call in and I'm told that I have not been declined, but I need to be transferred to another department. AKA the fraud department. I was transferred to a nice lady who wanted to confirm my identity via public records info. These creepy records knew where I lived as a 10 year old. Anyway, I was approved for the card (JC Penney) and was told it will arrive shortly.

I had a simiar situation. I apped for two GEMB store cards on the same day, was instantely approved for the first (JC Penney), and then got the dreaded 7-10 day message on the second (Dillard's). So, I was certain that the Dillard's was a decline. The next day, I received a call verifying some identity info, and was then congratulated on being approved for the Dillard's Amex.

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.