Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has Amex been offering bal xfers ?

tag
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Has Amex been offering bal xfers ?

Before I had awesome enough credit to qualify for a BT offer from Amex, I would get them in my email lol but would always get denied...I was 18 with no credit haha.

now that we've been through a financial crisis though, and I have pretty good credit....I never see Amex doing bt offers.

Has anyone else gotten any recently?

I'm just curious; I don't know that I would take advantage of a bt offer with Amex as that could trigger FR; I'm also in the garden -.-

I wonder, however, if they have just gotten out of the business of bal xfers...

My guess is that whatever card they will replace the "Clear" with will be some type of rad BT card!!!

Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
boomhower
Valued Contributor

Re: Has Amex been offering bal xfers ?

I've never had one with my BCP.

Message 2 of 7
Pilotdude
Established Contributor

There was a place to enter BT info today when I got my BCP approval.  I don't have any balances to transfer though.  If I had, I prolly would not have gotten the BCP Smiley Tongue

NFCU #1 Fan!! NO MOAR APPS TIL 10/13 Minimum!!
TU -746, EX - 721, EQ -745
Cards:NFCU Flag Visa Sig $10000, CSP $8500, AMEX BCP $2000 Freedom $3500, Disc IT $5000, Cap 1 Green $2100, Credit 1 CLOSED! AU on Amex Green, Discover $2000, Cap One Plat $1000
Message 3 of 7
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Yeah, but the bts on any of the regular cards are at the normal aprs. They used to do like 2.9% for the life of the bal in 05-06.
Lol I would rather pay off an acct than pay 15+% for a bt! Lol
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 4 of 7
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
Yeah, but the bts on any of the regular cards are at the normal aprs. They used to do like 2.9% for the life of the bal in 05-06.
Lol I would rather pay off an acct than pay 15+% for a bt! Lol

Yes after Amex took the plunge into GREAT BT's back in 05-08 with for life BT clear of 3.9%, and for life 7.9% on a Business Platinum.

Much like the 4-8 accounts and multiple $25k+ credit lines, Amex learned they HATED BT's because it extended TONS of their Credit to people that "really" wern't Amex Clients... kind of like you now have seen Zync pretty much gone, and many of the multiple cards within a line like Amex NY, Amex Chicago, Amex Knot, etc. etc. they have paired back to a little more simple and much prefer PIF and not LONG extended financing if you don't PIF!

Message 5 of 7
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Bahhhh, those bastards! I remember those cards!
I don't need a bt, but Amex is just so nice to do business with
Message 6 of 7
Pilotdude
Established Contributor

Aye.  I would probably neve bt to an amex card based solely on their dislike of folks carrying any balances.  The interest would also be a deal breaker for me. 

Thank god I have nothing that needs a BT to avoid anything.  I aim to keep it that way.  My BCP is taking the place of my debit card for Grocery purchases and is going to be PIF each month period. Smiley Happy

Discover seems to be pushing their BT feature on It though. They are allowing 18 months from the first transfer.  I guess thats not life of the transfer but it is a year an a half.  Smiley Happy

NFCU #1 Fan!! NO MOAR APPS TIL 10/13 Minimum!!
TU -746, EX - 721, EQ -745
Cards:NFCU Flag Visa Sig $10000, CSP $8500, AMEX BCP $2000 Freedom $3500, Disc IT $5000, Cap 1 Green $2100, Credit 1 CLOSED! AU on Amex Green, Discover $2000, Cap One Plat $1000
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.