cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has Anyone Been Denied Recently By NASA?

tag
Myscore0
Valued Member

Has Anyone Been Denied Recently By NASA?

I am seeing tons of approvals but only 1 or 2 denials. Has anyone been denied and if so what was the reason? Thanks and congrats to everyone lucky enough to be approved!

Starting scores 8/21/14: TU 622 EX 641 EQ 631
Current scores 10/4/14: TU 725 EX 662 EQ 675
Goal scores: All above 700
Message 1 of 156
155 REPLIES 155
chalupaman
Super Contributor

Re: Has Anyone Been Denied Recently By NASA?

Me. Basically for quick acceleration of revolving debt. My overall utilization is pretty low BTW. Around 8% so I think it was my newer accounts that scared them.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 2 of 156
Anonymous
Not applicable

Collection action or judgement. Delinquent past or present credit obligations with others.

Message 3 of 156
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

I got denied back in May for too many INQs.  It was a HP on EX, but seems like they've changed it to all SP approvals now? 

I've apped this morning but my foofus self did the CC app before doing the membership....Got the "Referred" msg, hopefully i can either start over tomorrow (if denied) or get approved, fingers crossed Smiley Happy

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 4 of 156
Ysettle4
Valued Contributor

Denied.

Reason: Credit Request Outside Credit Union Guidelines

Doesn't get any more generic than that.

769 INQs: 6774 INQs: 5764 INQs: 8UTIL: 2%AAoA: 5yr 8mosTotal Credit Line: $873,950
Message 5 of 156
Anonymous
Not applicable

Maybe they are catching on that they are giving away too much money!

Message 6 of 156
Anonymous
Not applicable

I feel like this is nasa fcu rapture and all the holy people got accepted with credit card application and we unholy ones got declined Smiley LOL

Message 7 of 156
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@ecxpa wrote:

Hope everything is on the up & up also.......but it's a little scary seeing folks getting approved then getting declined.  Never seen that happen with other lenders, at least not on such a frequent basis.  Reading through the many threads on NASA though you see this happening a lot.

seriously, as soon as I saw that approved for 20k email, i jumped out of my bed and danced and popped my stitch, and later find out that i got declined.... made me really really sad. oh well...

WHAT A CRUEL TRICK BY NASA :smileymad:

Just found out they did me the same way. NeedLess to say i'm more then pissed off and of course disappointed after hyping them up so much. I am so done now with these Occu type CU's. I'm going to close out my membership and recover the savings deposit i put in for it and pretend it never happened. WHAT A DISGUSTING CRUEL FLOP! :smileyfrustrated: damn *#@$^

Message 8 of 156
AvadaKedavra
Established Contributor

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@ecxpa wrote:

Hope everything is on the up & up also.......but it's a little scary seeing folks getting approved then getting declined.  Never seen that happen with other lenders, at least not on such a frequent basis.  Reading through the many threads on NASA though you see this happening a lot.

seriously, as soon as I saw that approved for 20k email, i jumped out of my bed and danced and popped my stitch, and later find out that i got declined.... made me really really sad. oh well...

Just found out they did me the same way. NeedLess to say i'm more then pissed off and of course disappointed after hyping them up so much. I am so done now with these Occu type CU's. I'm going to close out my membership and recover the savings deposit i put in for it and pretend it never happened. WHAT A DISGUSTING CRUEL FLOP! :smileyfrustrated: damn *#@$^

Did they tell you the reason for the denial (after approval)?

Message 9 of 156
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@AvadaKedavra wrote:

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@ecxpa wrote:

Did they tell you the reason for the denial (after approval)?

This jerk of a CU is yet to even respond to any of the SM's i sent them yet Smiley Mad Guess a letter in the mail will have some kind of dam BS excuse. I know my stats are on the up & up and i'm fuming over what first appeared a no brainer. I blasted them in a last SM and couldn't care less becuase i have no patience or time with being jerked around unfairly. No BK whatsoever but they been approving with bankruptcy and tones of inquiries, Mine is only 7 on EX so the indignation is especially STRONG against them.

But no matter, just a g*ddamn shame it ends of this way after first being a approval. Lousy Dogs Smiley Mad

Message 10 of 156
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.