cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has Anyone Been Denied Recently By NASA?

tag
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

Re: Has Anyone Been Denied Recently By NASA?

@Ysettle4 wrote:

Denied.

Reason: Credit Request Outside Credit Union Guidelines

Doesn't get any more generic than that.

Wow, that's funny (not).  Did you post your stats in the other thread?  Did you call to get a more simple, rational answer?

Signature needs updating
Message 11 of 156
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I feel like this is nasa fcu rapture and all the holy people got accepted with credit card application and we unholy ones got declined Smiley LOL

Get your behind to a bishop AND the garden ASAP.

Signature needs updating
Message 12 of 156
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

@AvadaKedavra wrote:

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@ecxpa wrote:

Hope everything is on the up & up also.......but it's a little scary seeing folks getting approved then getting declined.  Never seen that happen with other lenders, at least not on such a frequent basis.  Reading through the many threads on NASA though you see this happening a lot.

seriously, as soon as I saw that approved for 20k email, i jumped out of my bed and danced and popped my stitch, and later find out that i got declined.... made me really really sad. oh well...

WHAT A CRUEL TRICK BY NASA :smileymad:

Just found out they did me the same way. NeedLess to say i'm more then pissed off and of course disappointed after hyping them up so much. I am so done now with these Occu type CU's. I'm going to close out my membership and recover the savings deposit i put in for it and pretend it never happened. WHAT A DISGUSTING CRUEL FLOP! :smileyfrustrated: damn *#@$^

Did they tell you the reason for the denial (after approval)?

This jerk of a CU is yet to even respond to any of the SM's i sent them yet Smiley Mad Guess a letter in the mail will have some kind of dam BS excuse. I know my stats are on the up & up and i'm fuming over what first appeared a no brainer. I blasted them in a last SM and couldn't care less becuase i have no patience or time with being jerked around unfairly. No BK whatsoever but they been approving with bankruptcy and tones of inquiries, Mine is only 7 on EX so the indignation is especially STRONG against them.

But no matter, just a g*ddamn shame it ends of this way after first being a approval. Lousy Dogs Smiley Mad

They may pull those approvals also.  That's why I'm waiting for optimum score, and clean reports.  Except for the serious derogs, I've been noting a lot of denials coincide with a lot of CC's in your sigs.  Personally, I was wondering about the continuing gravy train, pretty sure they would start scrutinizing more.  A member of this forum with good stats got approved last year for only $1k, so this jump in generosity seemed very strange.

Signature needs updating
Message 13 of 156
MissMoni223
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I feel like this is nasa fcu rapture and all the holy people got accepted with credit card application and we unholy ones got declined Smiley LOL

Could it be that it was too good to be true or just simply a coin toss or which way the wind blows on a certain day???

Gardening Until Further Notice
15 Credit Cards (12 Major Banks & 3 Store Cards)
Message 14 of 156
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

This isn't that unusual for a CU, maybe just worded badly.    If you look at a number of Penfed stories, some people are initially granted large CLs, then on review they are much reduced.   In Penfed's case, there is some indication that the original number is provisional on UW approval, maybe that is missing in Nasa's (or maybe people are so excited that they don't read the small print).

But basically with any app the institution has the option to review after automated approval, and people who are delighted to get "unreasonable" CLs (which is what is happening here, or why the excitement) shouldn't be totally surprised when reality intervenes.

Message 15 of 156
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Well said longtimelurker!
Message 16 of 156
wacdenney
Valued Contributor

I was denied a few months ago for excessive available revolving credit.  One issue I have with credit unions is that they always ask for personal income rather than household income. 

They are technically correct...  I have WAY more available credit than my income would support.  I think they assume most people view credit as money or a loan or whatever.  Someone like myself who keeps their utilization well under 10%, pays in full each month, and is only looking to maximize rewards doesn't necessarily fall into their formula. 

It was fine by me as I was only looking for utilization padding and to establish a relationship in anticipation of an upcoming new car purchase next year.  DCU did come through for me and I will be switching over my direct deposit next month and will likely finance the new car through them.  NASA missed an oportunity IMO, but they have their own risk model and they do what they think makes sense for them so it is what it is.

It is unfortunate that I am unable to really use the DCU card.  I applied for their rewards card so I could use it at least a little, but they gave me a card with no rewards so I can't really use it at all.  I have no idea why they assume I would pay this card and wouldn't pay the other one.  I would like to send at least some swipe fees their way but unfortunately I wont be able to.

Message 17 of 156
Jlu
Established Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

This isn't that unusual for a CU, maybe just worded badly.    If you look at a number of Penfed stories, some people are initially granted large CLs, then on review they are much reduced.   In Penfed's case, there is some indication that the original number is provisional on UW approval, maybe that is missing in Nasa's (or maybe people are so excited that they don't read the small print).

But basically with any app the institution has the option to review after automated approval, and people who are delighted to get "unreasonable" CLs (which is what is happening here, or why the excitement) shouldn't be totally surprised when reality intervenes.

Well said.. some people will remember my big OMG moment.. only to be let down.

penfed.jpg

penfed4.jpg

AMEX BCP $35k | Citi Double Cash $30k | PenFed PlatRewards $25k | Barclaycard $40k | Chase Freedom $25k | BofA Cash Rewards $40K | US Bank Cash+ $4500 | Discover IT $25k | NASA Platinum-Advantage $40k | CapOne Quicksilver $15k | Amazon Card $10k | Ten years on myFICO from 510 to 780 scores
Message 18 of 156
Dw4250
Valued Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

+1000

Or to put it another way...if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck (or a beaver), it's probably too good to be true! Smiley Wink

As many are finding out (or will find out), there is no way to fight the laws of Credit Gravity.  Sorry folks, a 660 FICO + $45K income does not equal $25K-30K starting limits.  Large institutions like JP Morgan Chase and Citibank don't give out these kind of limits unless you have clean report, a long, solid track record with their institution, and the income to support the CL.  Why would a small CU like NASA give out a $25K limit to someone with zero track record with them who just deposited five bucks with them earlier that day?  Does not compute.

Where I do agree with some of the embittered folks is NASA should give some kind of disclaimer when approving people.  Something like "You've been approved for $25,000 starting limit subject to final underwriting review".  That would spare them a lot of angry/confused phone calls.

Message 19 of 156
Desmoire
Regular Contributor

I was approved for 5k 2 days ago, yesterday they requested my last 2 paystubs. So we will see what happens, still says 'approved' status today.

myFICO Scores EQ 778 TU 783 EX 772 | Mortgage 106774.00 | Auto Loan 15251.00 | AMEX BCE 0/25500 | Lowes 0/6300 | Barclay Rewards 0/5000 | NASA FCU 0/5000 | FNBO 0/4400 | Amazon 0/4000 | FNBO Employee 283/2900 | NFM 0/2600 | Chase Freedom 0/2500 | Best Buy 0/2300 | Cap One 0/2250 | FNBO 0/1100 | NASA FCU Rewards 0/1000 | Quicksilver 0/750 | Younkers 0/500 TOTAL: 283/74,450 0.003% UTIL
Message 20 of 156
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.