cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has Anyone Been Denied Recently By NASA?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Has Anyone Been Denied Recently By NASA?

For those that got pending then denied for CC, are they doing HPs?
Message 31 of 156
emptypockets
Valued Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@FinStar wrote:
@Creditaddict, not to damper the spirit of expanding your CC collection but I wouldn't hold out hope with NASA on the reconsideration efforts.

I was shocked with the 695 score and denial! based on what I have been seeing on approvals and my last known ex score of 671 or so with chase

Maybe people are getting approved with 695 scores, but from what I have been reading, they are scrutinizing more people who have lots of INQ's, and people with lots of new credit. I think you may possibly fall into these categories. Smiley Surprised

CC's: AMEX (4), Alliant Visa, PenFed AMEX, Pen Fed Promise, Citi (3), Chase (5), US Bank Cash+, Huntington Voice, Nasa Plat Cash Visa, Barclay's Visa, Discover IT, Cap One QS, BOA (2), BMW Visa, 5/3 Real Life Rewards MC; FNBO Amex; Comenity Visa/MC (3), Ebates Visa Siggy, Nordstrom Visa, Walmart MC, Sam's Club MC; A few assorted store cards.

Current Scores (09/2017): EQ My Fico: 786; TU MyFico: 799; EX (My Fico): 797
Message 32 of 156
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@emptypockets wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@FinStar wrote:
@Creditaddict, not to damper the spirit of expanding your CC collection but I wouldn't hold out hope with NASA on the reconsideration efforts.

I was shocked with the 695 score and denial! based on what I have been seeing on approvals and my last known ex score of 671 or so with chase

Maybe people are getting approved with 695 scores, but from what I have been reading, they are scrutinizing more people who have lots of INQ's, and people with lots of new credit. I think you may possibly fall into these categories. Smiley Surprised

and YES TO HP also.

I called in and they stated 1-2 week for recon as the committy doesn't meet every day.

Message 33 of 156
dpride86
Regular Contributor

I was only approved for $1500 but I declined it.

-Current Score: TU 719 EQ 705 and EX 708 1-11-15
-My Goal: 740+ on all 3
-My wallet:
NFCU Cash Rewards 17k,Fidelity Amex 10.1k, QS 8k, DCU Visa Platinum 7.5k, Chase Freedom 7k, Penfed Promise 6.5k, Amex BCE 6k and Citi 5K.
Message 34 of 156
12njoy
Super Contributor

@emptypockets wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

I can vouch for that.  Here's my denial reason right from the website:  Excessive obligations in relation to income. Excessive Revolving Credit Insufficient credit scoring factors. Number of recent inquiries on credit bureau report

(Formerly known as: Credit is my hobby (1.6M)/TCL objective)
___________ 12Njoy
FICO - EX 810; EQ 797; TU 804 I'm climbing back to 800+
Message 35 of 156
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

I'm so happy now that this sudden nasa Hysteria for me anyway is ended  Smiley Very Happy

The CC declined after the initial approval was probably the best possible medicine in my case, and really more needed instead of another new TL.

I've since had a chance overnight to withdraw Smiley Tongue regain composure, and count it a close call in that it was only a soft pull and a stupid move anyway to let my strategy get sucked into the hype and madness to begin with.

It can be madness to get drawed into it without thinking. But who thinks when the New Candy Store comes thru dishing out the sweets Smiley Very Happy

Message 36 of 156
12njoy
Super Contributor

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

I'm so happy now that this sudden nasa Hysteria for me anyway is ended  Smiley Very Happy

The CC declined after the initial approval was probably the best possible medicine in my case, and really more needed instead of another new TL.

I've since had a chance overnight to withdraw Smiley Tongue regain composure, and count it a close call in that it was only a soft pull and a stupid move anyway to let my strategy get sucked into the hype and madness to begin with.

It can be madness to get drawed into it without thinking. But who thinks when the New Candy Store comes thru dishing out the sweets Smiley Very Happy

Sorry to hear that happened to you.  I know first hand how that feels.  First you feel like you're on top of the world and then the big deflation comes.  Bank of America did that to me.  FIA Card services approved me for another BofA card and then less than four hours later, I got a call from the credit analyst saying BofA denied the card upon final review.  That was a $10,000 card and I wasn't happy.  They're rationale was that they gave me $22,000 over two cards in less than four months.  Yea I got it when they put it that way.

___________ 12Njoy
Message 37 of 156
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@12njoy wrote:

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

Sorry to hear that happened to you.  I know first hand how that feels.  First you feel like you're on top of the world and then the big deflation comes.  Bank of America did that to me.  FIA Card services approved me for another BofA card and then less than four hours later, I got a call from the credit analyst saying BofA denied the card upon final review.  That was a $10,000 card and I wasn't happy.  They're rationale was that they gave me $22,000 over two cards in less than four months.  Yea I got it when they put it that way.

@12njoy wrote:

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

Yeah it would been nice to share in their candy giveaway with such high limits with only a (SP) (probably never happen again) but i learned in life that there's always a Bigger Fish and since all they have to do is keep the presses rolling printing paper money there will always be someone else to One Up in this madness sooner or later. Smiley Wink

Message 38 of 156
12njoy
Super Contributor

CreditMagic,

You're right.  I remember when I jumped on the OCCU bandwagon and got denied.  At that time, my average card limit was about $2,000.  I was very frustrated seeing all those with big limits and I couldn't get one.  Who knew a few months later I would be rolling in credit cards with nice limits.  My highest two now are NFCU with $27,000 and USAA at $20,000.  My average credit card limit is up to about $10,000 now.

___________ 12Njoy
Message 39 of 156
JenniferinFL
Frequent Contributor

I don't think they are particulary bankruptcy friendly. Declined for bankruptcy from 2009.

Which is okay, I only applied because it was probably a SP. I haven't received an alert yet, so, no harm done.

Actually, kind of relieved.. lol

I really didn't want another card to manage, but, why pass up the potential for a new one with a SP that isn't a comenity card, right?

I'm going to be closing cards when I get utility down a bit more. I manage my husband's credit too, so between the two of us I'm logging into like 40 accounts a month to check on things and it's getting old. Most of them are at $0, but I can't remember which ones I used for things that renew once a year, so, everything has to get checked regularly.. lol

Current Cards: Cap 1 Journey $3000, Cap 1 Playstation $2250, WFNNB Store Cards $2450 combined, Target $700, CareCredit $1700, Barclay Rewards Plat. Mastercard $1800, Old Navy $300, DCU Platinum Rewards Visa $2000, Swagbucks Rewards Visa $1000

Starting Score: 615 EQ (03-15-2012) 600 TU (03-21-2012 Barclays app) ) Ch.7 discharged 5/2009

Current Score: 671 EQ (09-27-2014 DCU) 660 TU (9/26/14 Barclays) Ex 688 (10/07/2014 Swagbucks)

Gardening since 9/22/2014

Message 40 of 156
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.