cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has Anyone Been Denied Recently By NASA?

tag
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Has Anyone Been Denied Recently By NASA?

@thatguy1 wrote:

My app was pending for about 7 days before it came up declined. Not sure why.

If you were not approved, you can click on the declined status of the application to learn the reasons.  Otherwise, they should be sending you a letter with the reasons.

Message 151 of 156
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@skigirl916 wrote:

@Firehorse wrote:

I'm not sure what they are doing over there. After I was denied I decided to turn around and app for a Chase Freedom and Discover and was instantly approved for both.

When I got my denial letter it said my score was 749 out of a possible 320 to 844 scale.  WTH is that? Not FICO that's for sure. And BTW... WISH I was 749... wow.

It's probably your tax lien.

Yes, more than likely.

Message 152 of 156
RebuildingAgain14
Valued Member

I actually hadn't updated Experian score. Recent lender pull  put it at 603. Still low, I know... But not as low as what I listed. :-)

Starting Scores: EQ 542/TU 500/EX 513
Current Scores: EQ 611/TU 611/EX 628
Goal Score: All 700+

Cap One Secured ($750/$701 'unsecured'), Cap One QS1($1000), Victoria's Secret ($250), Brylane Home ($500), Amazon Store Card ($600)
Message 153 of 156
Firehorse
Frequent Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@skigirl916 wrote:

@Firehorse wrote:

I'm not sure what they are doing over there. After I was denied I decided to turn around and app for a Chase Freedom and Discover and was instantly approved for both.

When I got my denial letter it said my score was 749 out of a possible 320 to 844 scale.  WTH is that? Not FICO that's for sure. And BTW... WISH I was 749... wow.

Yes, more than likely.

Could be as an excuse. BofA ignored it when giving me a 10X CLI from $500 to $5k and a PC to Signature. And my regular CU ignored it giving me instant approval for a 5K Visa. After talking to several analysts on recon, only one mentioned it but said it had NO bearing on their decision to grant a CLI.

Damn thing should have been withdrawn. The state calculated my 1099s twice and I've been fighting it ever since. It's really old and drops off 08/2015 now. Frustrating. Smiley Mad

Before derogs made sense because I had 5 COs but I got all of them removed. Pretty sure being SELF-EMPLOYED had a lot of negative weight for them.

NASA is the only one that has denied me for an app. LOL.

Kinda digressed there. Sorry. LOL.

Anyway main point in my comment was the scoring system was odd. 320 - 844? Must be internal scoring.

Start MyFico: 01/04/2014: TU 572, EX 599, EQ 593, CK: 593, CKV: 596, CS: 626 Garden since 01/09/2015
Current MyFico 10/23/2015: TU 740, EX 784, EQ 739, CK/TU: 768, CK/EX: 782, CS: 785 Q: 702 1.5% UTIL & 6.9 yrs. AAoA, 1 PAID FTB Lien 8/2008

Message 154 of 156
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Firehorse wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@skigirl916 wrote:

@Firehorse wrote:

Yes, more than likely.

Could be as an excuse. BofA ignored it when giving me a 10X CLI from $500 to $5k and a PC to Signature. And my regular CU ignored it giving me instant approval for a 5K Visa. After talking to several analysts on recon, only one mentioned it but said it had NO bearing on their decision to grant a CLI.

Damn thing should have been withdrawn. The state calculated my 1099s twice and I've been fighting it ever since. It's really old and drops off 08/2015 now. Frustrating. Smiley Mad

Before derogs made sense because I had 5 COs but I got all of them removed. Pretty sure being SELF-EMPLOYED had a lot of negative weight for them.

Anyway main point in my comment was the scoring system was odd. 320 - 844? Must be internal scoring.

Nope, no excuse.  BofA is not your CU and your CU is not Barclays and the same goes for neither of them having the same U/W criteria as NASA FCU.  Whatever U/W policies and thresholds they have is the method in which your application is reviewed and considered.  Every lender is different and not subject to the same policies.  It's easier to view it from the outside since no one knows their exact U/W criteria and we're only seeing some things that are reported on the surface when folks apply.

And yes, the score range they provided is related to internal scoring.

Message 155 of 156
Firehorse
Frequent Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@Firehorse wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@skigirl916 wrote:

@Firehorse wrote:

Yes, more than likely.

Nope, no excuse.  BofA is not your CU and your CU is not Barclays and the same goes for neither of them having the same U/W criteria as NASA FCU.  Whatever U/W policies and thresholds they have is the method in which your application is reviewed and considered.  Every lender is different and not subject to the same policies.  It's easier to view it from the outside since no one knows their exact U/W criteria and we're only seeing some things that are reported on the surface when folks apply.

And yes, the score range they provided is related to internal scoring.

Let me have my rant. Smiley Wink

Start MyFico: 01/04/2014: TU 572, EX 599, EQ 593, CK: 593, CKV: 596, CS: 626 Garden since 01/09/2015
Current MyFico 10/23/2015: TU 740, EX 784, EQ 739, CK/TU: 768, CK/EX: 782, CS: 785 Q: 702 1.5% UTIL & 6.9 yrs. AAoA, 1 PAID FTB Lien 8/2008

Message 156 of 156
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.