cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has Anyone Been Denied Recently By NASA?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Has Anyone Been Denied Recently By NASA?

@dpride86 wrote:

I was only approved for $1500 but I declined it.

Which CC did you get approved for - the rewards or cash?

Did they asked you for any documents and how long did it take for the approval?  I'm been waiting a day so far and still in "pending" status.

Message 41 of 156
Anonymous
Not applicable

Declined for delinquent past or present credit obligations with others.

Mad at myself for jumping on the bandwagon when I knew in my heart I probably wasn't qualified at this time. They are a business and there's a difference between generous and stupid.

Praying this was just soft pulls and a good lesson that my credit rebuild continues.

Good luck everyone.
Message 42 of 156
dpride86
Regular Contributor

It was a instant approval. They asked me to choose between the rewards and the cash. I declined because i was expecting a much higher limit.
-Current Score: TU 719 EQ 705 and EX 708 1-11-15
-My Goal: 740+ on all 3
-My wallet:
NFCU Cash Rewards 17k,Fidelity Amex 10.1k, QS 8k, DCU Visa Platinum 7.5k, Chase Freedom 7k, Penfed Promise 6.5k, Amex BCE 6k and Citi 5K.
Message 43 of 156
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

And this is also a good example for others who may stumble upon threads like these that sometimes people's high expectations will be met with a good dose of reality if their profiles don't match up to any lender's underwriting standards, hype or no hype. The ever standing comparison of "well, he/she got one then I should have one too AND bigger/better" doesn't always pan out.
Message 44 of 156
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, hard (well hopefully soft) lesson learned.

Wanting to be someone who gets instant approval for $30k limits doesn't make it so, she tells herself as she trudges back to the garden.
Message 45 of 156
Anonymous
Not applicable

yeah, I gave it a shot because they said sp, since it's sp what have i got to lose? I mean... if they flat out denied me, then I would've just shrugged and moved on, but I did get an email saying I got approved for 20k cl. When I saw it I was happier than a kid in a candy store, then started think "this is too good to be true", which led me to check the website loan app status. and even then I was sorta okay until i spoke with the lady on the phone with bit of 'tude.

Message 46 of 156
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

In my case there was an error on my CC application and i offered to send Docs but they haven't even read or responded to the (SM) sent them yesterday. Guess i could and should call them to see what happened. Problem with that is it runs a risk for a HP if they reevaluate and so far i come away unscathed with only 2 (SP's). I hate their online form with the little calculator. I'm super sharp where concerns computer code and that's where the problem for me happened. It changed my income entry to monthly instead of weekly. Not only that but the initial membership form messed up by putting my Daytime Phone down as my Work Number too. I know what i entered correctly and after the first Instant Approval when i checked the documents that entry was changed.

Their software is in error and i alerted them to that but so far no response even after i posted my phone number for them to call me about it.

Message 47 of 156
TRC_WA
Senior Contributor

No chance I was going to risk my silver spade on OCCU Duck Beaver: The sequel...

... But this thread was almost as entertaining.
FICO8 current as of : ----- EQ: --- TU: --- EX: ---
Hard INQs last 12 months: EQ: 5 | TU: 7 | EX: 9
Verizon Visa $6500 Amex Delta Platinum $10,000 Care Credit $12,000
NFCU CashRewards $6000 Apple Card $2000 Best Buy $3500 Amazon $5000
NFCU auto loan (2022 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands - Cactus Gray) $44k new - balance $31k/6.94%
Total CL: $45,000 --- Total CC UTI: --% --- AAoA: 5.5 years --- Income: $200k
Last app: 11-30-23
Message 48 of 156
12njoy
Super Contributor

I gave it a shot too (kind of).  I have a NASA Visa already with a 5k limit which was all I asked for back in March 2014.  This time I decided to ask for a cli to 30k seeing all the positive remarks here and I've been with them for 5 months.  That didn't pan out and hopefully there will be no HP.  As of today, I only see the SP. 

(Formerly known as: Credit is my hobby/TCL objective)
___________ 12Njoy
FICO - EX 810; EQ 797; TU 804 I'm climbing back to 800+
Message 49 of 156
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

NASA FCU Declined + HP

Perhaps it's just me.  Perhaps NASA knows about me already and dont want me to start a ruckus w/ them.  After reading a number of SP account openings + SP based CC approvals, I decided to reapply yesterday, and received my answer just now:

Application Information
Application StatusDECLINEDApplication Number********
Comments 
Denial ReasonsExcessive Revolving Credit Number of recent inquiries on credit bureau report

I've also noticed that there was a HP placed on my EX report.  Darn. 

I haven't been following all the NASA threads, but just letting you guys know that I'm one of the DECLINED ones with a big fat HP  Smiley Sad 

I need to vent.... Imma go harrass all my comenity accounts for CLI, starting w/ JCrew now hehe
JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 50 of 156
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.